What have you done to your mustang today?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ That's why I like tires with a little bulge in the sidewall. The skinny rubber band look just seems like an invitation to fuck up your rims to me. And they ride like crap, too.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
^ That's why I like tires with a little bulge in the sidewall. The skinny rubber band look just seems like an invitation to fuck up your rims to me. And they ride like crap, too.

I get what you're saying.
This tire package rides great though.
And I went with a square-fitting tire size for handling.
You don't want tire bulge on front tires if you're gonna turn the wheel ...

travelers

Reaction score
Yup.
It's not terrible but of course any damage is bad.
I'm gonna try to sand it down and paint the area.

Ebay 14.99 will help you out

$(KGrHqUOKiEE6(PTc7uZBOw+,oe1d!~~60_35.JPG

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Sanded/smoothed the damaged area of the wheel today.
I think it came out pretty damn good.
Just need to figure out how to match the Niche dark tint finish.
Also contemplating painting the outer ring on all 4 wheels a different color.

Sand that outter edge on all 4, brushed finish-ish

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Had the side windows tinted again, had scratches... went 5% this time, nice and dark!

6c65b973b376bda13d0d5e00bba87ef1.jpg

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Had the side windows tinted again, had scratches... went 5% this time, nice and dark!

I love my chrome wheels and so do most, but sometimes I miss that evilness of Vista with black wheels & tint. Sweet ride there (just lose the caliper covers)

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Yea I love the aggressive look of the black wheels. Wasn't 100% sure when I ordered them but once I got them on the car I was sold!

Why does everyone on this forum hate on the caliper covers?? I would rather have a nice set of brembo's but not in the budget right now... and I just couldn't take looking at the ugly stock calipers with such a open wheel design. I constantly get compliments on the covers from people when I'm out driving around... with that said most people have no idea the difference between the covers and brembo's but imo anything is better than a dirty stock caliper!
Not hating on you shotokan!

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Yea I love the aggressive look of the black wheels. Wasn't 100% sure when I ordered them but once I got them on the car I was sold!

Why does everyone on this forum hate on the caliper covers?? I would rather have a nice set of brembo's but not in the budget right now... and I just couldn't take looking at the ugly stock calipers with such a open wheel design. I constantly get compliments on the covers from people when I'm out driving around... with that said most people have no idea the difference between the covers and brembo's but imo anything is better than a dirty stock caliper!
Not hating on you shotokan!

Paint the calipers? I did all of mine black not long ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Sportlines with Downforce DF5 front 20x9 255/35 and rear 20x10 295/35 Nitto Invo tires.

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Products used? I did some work on mine. Used a Porter Cable and it really didnt give me he cut needed to restore the paint.

That pic was with only the compound, I did a compound, polish and wax using the pads and chemicals from 3D shown in the pic below. I use this company they are just down the street from my house and are really cool guys with a good product. I use them for everything for my detail supplies. They will even let you try before buying!! I just use a harbor freight DA polisher...

9eb3080eecc03c99f4ade7f9a7dfa469.jpg

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
That pic was with only the compound, I did a compound, polish and wax using the pads and chemicals from 3D shown in the pic below. I use this company they are just down the street from my house and are really cool guys with a good product. I use them for everything for my detail supplies. They will even let you try before buying!! I just use a harbor freight DA polisher...

9eb3080eecc03c99f4ade7f9a7dfa469.jpg

0cf5ba8cf396e085784135380a280230.jpg

Just a one-step on my grandfathers car. Literally oxidization on the paint. I don't have any pics from my paint work, this vista blue paints hard to work with.

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Just a one-step on my grandfathers car. Literally oxidization on the paint. I don't have any pics from my paint work, this vista blue paints hard to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That's looks great for a one step! It amazing what a one step can do!

I like one stepping if the paint is in good condition, that HD speed from 3D is good for that.

I had to clay and three step to get it where I wanted it, 8 hrs later...You're right this vista blue is a challenge!

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Limped it home 231 miles on a Sunday night after hitting something in the road crossing into Indiana from Illinois. No tire shops open anywhere at that time. Wouldn't make much of a difference. Pretty sure the rear wheel is shot as it is now bent.

Setting the cruise on a '13 GT in 6th gear at 52mph will net you some seriously sweet MPG's, however inside, the car was crying.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Limped it home 231 miles on a Sunday night after hitting something in the road crossing into Indiana from Illinois. No tire shops open anywhere at that time. Wouldn't make much of a difference. Pretty sure the rear wheel is shot as it is now bent.

Setting the cruise on a '13 GT in 6th gear at 52mph will net you some seriously sweet MPG's, however inside, the car was crying.

Sorry to hear that ... I have a wheel available if interested.
Comes with an all-season Kumho tire in the stock size, TPMS sensor and center cap.
PM me if interested

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back