What have you done to your mustang today?

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
I had the airbag recall done on the driver's side of my Mustang this morning. Go to pick it up and the middle of the steering wheel looks all jacked up. I said something and they fixed it a little bit, but then asked if the car had ever been in an accident. I said yes. He said the airbag wires were spliced, and that is why they couldn't get it to set right. I guess I will be tearing apart the steering wheel sometime to try and get everything back to how it was before the recall

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I had the airbag recall done on the driver's side of my Mustang this morning. Go to pick it up and the middle of the steering wheel looks all jacked up. I said something and they fixed it a little bit, but then asked if the car had ever been in an accident. I said yes. He said the airbag wires were spliced, and that is why they couldn't get it to set right. I guess I will be tearing apart the steering wheel sometime to try and get everything back to how it was before the recall

The lugnuts at my local stealership allowed a random loose screw to float around inside my assembly after they replaced the first driver-side airbag. I almost piled it up pulling into my driveway, as the screw wedged in place and locked the wheel up. I took everything apart and it fell out in the floor. It's pretty easy to get everything apart and lined up.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered a Lethal Performance OR H pipe and GT500 exhaust. Sick and tired of the Roush exhaust note. The one plus on the Roush exhaust is zero drone even up hill under a load in 6th in that resonant range of 1800-2000 RPM. I just hope the GT500 exhaust with OR is as drone free. Exterior noise level I could give a monkeys butt about as long as it sounds good.

Plus the benefit of having the cats off the car and freeing up some power to the rear wheels.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
Replaced my old beat up lower seat covers. I picked up these seats and the bottoms were already rough, decided to replace them.
eb7f5a6e0cca7f0e0e3caef7740e24e3.jpg
e5980b4daed8adfd95d17355530480fa.jpg
2752132305f65b2e7f7a1a22a226ca53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
Wasn't done today, but all the work the last 2 weeks paid off last night.
I finally got to test my 3V at the track last night with the new Lito tune.

Very happy with the results of the tune and got 3 passes in a row within .01 sec. :)

2nl935y.jpg

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Replaced my old beat up lower seat covers. I picked up these seats and the bottoms were already rough, decided to replace them.
eb7f5a6e0cca7f0e0e3caef7740e24e3.jpg
e5980b4daed8adfd95d17355530480fa.jpg
2752132305f65b2e7f7a1a22a226ca53.jpg

Where did you get them? I need to replace my driver side lower.

I got this in today:
blsw3.jpg

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
eBay from a private seller. Got both covers, brand new and never installed for $60 total. I'd be surprised if there weren't people on here with some for sale

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup.
It's not terrible but of course any damage is bad.
I'm gonna try to sand it down and paint the area.

Gabe,

attachment.php

They have mobile guys that do that sort of repair and they are really good.
I have had them do Mercedes, Vette, Cathy's MCS wheels and others over the years.
You could not even tell they were ever damaged.
Most High-Line Dealers use those guys.
Just get with any Service Advisor you know and ask for the Company/Guy they use and his number.

T.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I have 2 local companies I've used and been very happy with the results from both.
I'll email them pics and see what they say.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Teching it for my track event next week. Ordered an sa2015 helmet. Should wash it. I may change diff fluid. Or may wait until after track weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Sanded/smoothed the damaged area of the wheel today.
I think it came out pretty damn good.
Just need to figure out how to match the Niche dark tint finish.
Also contemplating painting the outer ring on all 4 wheels a different color.
The before and after (sorry about the "after" pic quality):

20160915_damage1.jpg

20160917_sanded1.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back