What have you done to your mustang today?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gave it a bath. 5 minutes later the rain that was scheduled for the following day arrived.
Considering trading it for an 07 GT convertible. But the 07 has about 20,000 more on the clock.

Well Dad we will be looking for an Up-Date !!!

Terry

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Well finally got this fixed over the last 2 days- new carrier, bearings and a new 2.73 ring and pinion gear down from a 3.55- new cover since it had a 2x3 hole missing from it.

Attachments

• re1.jpg
    re1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 23

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
Dad,

So is the GT-500 in Nashville, TN. on Craigslist ???

2007 Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang 2,850 miles - $31500

unhide

Reads like a New Machine !!!

Terry

Not sure if it is there or not. The guy's number translates to El Dorado, AR. But nowadays that doesn't mean a lot. DAMN it is pretty!

It probably has the original oil in it.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it is there or not. The guy's number translates to El Dorado, AR. But nowadays that doesn't mean a lot. DAMN it is pretty!

It probably has the original oil in it.

Looks darn good in the pictures for sure.

Nice color also !!!

Terry

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered a set of the Steeda S197 jacking rails.
Like that they bolt in, and at the sale price of $118.96 I thought I'd finally buy them

Been eyeing these for a while. Id love to just throw a jack under and go. Let me know how they turn out.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Been eyeing these for a while. Id love to just throw a jack under and go. Let me know how they turn out.

Will do. Should have them in a few days.

Today I changed the oil and filter, put in some fresh Amsoil 5w50 full synthetic oil and a new Wix filter.
Also tried to seal up some leaking exhaust joints with some Permatex exhaust sealant, ... that was a waste of time. I'm gonna have to have it all welded.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Well finally got this fixed over the last 2 days- new carrier, bearings and a new 2.73 ring and pinion gear down from a 3.55- new cover since it had a 2x3 hole missing from it.
Keep us tuned in on how the new ratio works for you.

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
Fixed the sagging fake red leather door panels on my 06GT again. This time I completely disassembled everything. Cleaned up the fake leather and got all the old residual glue off. Then peeled and scraped the crappy Ford padding they glued to the door panel. I was gonna replace that with thin (about 1/16in) foam rubber sheet I got from the local hobby store. I was worried that it might start to lift off because it is flat and there are curves on the door panel. Plus my cutting skills are not that great and I was butchering it.

Then that flex seal infomercial comes on TV. That stuff is basically rubber in a can right??? Bought a can from Lowes and masked the door panel and sprayed it on. A little clumpy in spots because its an aerosol can. So I sanded it smooth with a light touch using sandpaper after it dried/cured.

Yes is works and has a medium/soft rubber feel to it. Than I glued the leather on top of that. Looks nice and factory. Hopefully it lasts when the temp gets above 100. Also, I used the most expensive 3M adhesive glue in an aerosol can from the local parts store. They had a $10, $18, and $25 can. I went with the $25 "professional" can.

Last edited:

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Late, but last weekend I changed rear pads, removed all rotors (stuck on from Ohio weather), installed maximum motorsports camber plates, removed camber bolts, rotated wheels/tires, changed oil and installed BMR Jacking rails.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Put a wolfecraft racing cage in
b4708b9b47d61c861734bd9334995b78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelers

Reaction score
Will do. Should have them in a few days.

Today I changed the oil and filter, put in some fresh Amsoil 5w50 full synthetic oil and a new Wix filter.
Also tried to seal up some leaking exhaust joints with some Permatex exhaust sealant, ... that was a waste of time. I'm gonna have to have it all welded.

How long did you let it setup? I used it on my header flanges on my car and we use it on the race car header flanges. I let it setup for 24hrs.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
How long did you let it setup? I used it on my header flanges on my car and we use it on the race car header flanges. I let it setup for 24hrs.

Instructions say to clean rust off, wet the pipes, put a 1/2"-thick bead of sealant on the pipe, put them together and clamp them, wait 30 minutes, then run the engine for 10 minutes.
Forgot to wet one side, and I waited about 40-45 minutes, then ran the engine for about 15 minutes.
That's the only parts where I deviated from the instructions.
The side I forgot to wet ended up leaking, the other side sealed up ok.

Took the car to the local Meineke, had them touchup the weld at the H in the H-pipe (had 2 small leaks there), and they applied some more of their sealant to the joint that was leaking, then clamped it back down.
So far so good, I only got on it all little bit since then.

I'm having a hard time getting the car to be OBD-ready for the state inspection, it doesn't wanna set, even after I drove it a couple hundred miles.

And I have a nagging tinny rattle from the middle/rear-half of the car, floor board area, when I hit sharp impacts with either one of the rear tires. I've checked the shock upper nuts, Watts Link clamp bolts, Watts Link bolts to the body and the propeller, LCA bolts, UCA upper bolt.
Driving me crazy, can't figure out what's causing it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back