What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe, what's different on the hood vents?
And I've never been one for tinted headlights but that looks badass. :thumb:

Thanks Brian ... I had the whole vent assemblies plasti-dipped at one point, and the dip was starting to come apart in a couple of places, so I peeled it off (was a huge pain in the arse), and got these inserts that go just on the flat recessed parts.
If I ever want to go back to paint, I can just remove the decals

2014-08-01_hood-vents2_zps4edf0b88.jpg

2014-08-01_hood-vents3_zps09c83708.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yeah, they're part of the CS package ... and I'm not willing to spend the dough for them, nor do I want glossy black, not part of my gray/matte-black theme ...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Gabe, the longer I look at your car the more I want to remove the stupid side scoops off mine. I call them my Dumbo ears.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Today I installed the new "gunsmoke" headlight tint and the new hood-vent inserts:

2014-08-01_hood-vents5_zpsbd6a1261.jpg

2014-08-01_hood-vents6_zpsc7ae30f8.jpg

2014-08-01_headlight-tint5_zps703f9ab6.jpg

2014-08-01_headlight-tint6_zps8c4bb076.jpg

2014-08-01_headlight-tint7_zps4db9c5b3.jpg

Are those headlight tints from Lamin-X?

Gabe, the longer I look at your car the more I want to remove the stupid side scoops off mine. I call them my Dumbo ears.

Be careful, I'm not certain if Ford used pins to help hold them on like they are on the 05-09

06Rousher

forum member
Reaction score
:thanks1:
Yeah that's ok. I have 3.55 now. May throw 4.10 in if I feel a dramatic low end loss. Should sound bad ass with off road h and Steeda axle backs! (Borlas) :)

I've got hot rods and 4.10 gears, great combo and I don't touch the gas when leaving from an idle. It'll go perfectly as soon as I start letting off the clutch

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Spent about 7 hours yesterday doing a full paint correction. Wolfgang Uber is now my new best friend! Ran through the following steps:

Wolfgang Uber on orange CSS pad
Wolfgang Swirl Remover 3.0 on orange CSS pad
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze on white CSS pad
Wolfgang Polish Enhancer on blue CSS pad
and Paint Sealer 3.0 on blue CSS pad

Holy crap it looks good! I have never had a cars paint look this good... Now I know why the detail guys on the board geek out about their products. :thumb2:

Well, time to start on my daughters 08 Escape...

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Ah shit, I was going to head over there today but with the rain that we were supposed to get I decided to stay home :/
It was dead. So I was able to shake hands, talk a bit, take pics and get my car signed.

Proof he signed it, him getting in my car lol:
ze8usu4e.jpg

Want to own one of these day:
qaqebaja.jpg

yvu7uve4.jpg

ehyty2u6.jpg

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Installed my UCA + mount and LCA.

KTWgNpV.jpg

AvReEPQ.jpg

Without a vise 200 ft. lbs on the nut securing the arm to the mount is a pita. One nice thing about the upper install on this car is no need to drop the tank like you do on the 3v. If I were to do this over I would go ahead and loosen up the OAP from the start because they were constantly in the way.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back