What have you done to your mustang today?

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
Dropped the POS off at my mechanic to install the M-3075-E GT500 front lower control arms... Piece of shit Ford

Cheer up lil buddy, mine sat for two weeks in August, only to find out parts on backorder, its been sittin at the stealership since12/26 and hasnt been touched.

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score

Same story as most I guess...Front end clunks and sounds like a whore's year-old mattress when traversing speed bumps.

It ain't the end links and all that jazz, I've torqued and re-checked time and time again. Strut mounts are J&M and they are new.

It's the hydro bushings and the ball joints in the lower control arms.
This 'upgrade' should tighten things up nicely once it's done as I could feel the slop and it was shimming (ball joints) on the highway...
At 25k, I'd expect these parts to last longer... but I'm certain the combo of Houston's shit streets and 60lbs of Saleen Supercharger helped speed up the demise. :beerchug2:

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great Jeff! How you enjoying it?

Thanks man! I'm starting to enjoy it more now that I'm fixing some of the issues. The new Magnapack catback got rid of this embarrassing buzz that it made when cold.

What is the spoiler fix?

Here's a before pic.

For some reason Ford thought it was a good idea to mount the rear spoiler 3" from the rear edge of the deck lid. I call it a fix because it looked like an afterthought to me being where it was.

Looks a lot better man

Thanks man! You get that chin painted yet?

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
got some more parts and tools. preparing to do a trac lok rebuild, pinion seal replacement, and get the headers sent to a machine shop to get de-warped. oh yeah, and oil change to LOL.

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
Same story as most I guess...Front end clunks and sounds like a whore's year-old mattress when traversing speed bumps.

It ain't the end links and all that jazz, I've torqued and re-checked time and time again. Strut mounts are J&M and they are new.

It's the hydro bushings and the ball joints in the lower control arms.
This 'upgrade' should tighten things up nicely once it's done as I could feel the slop and it was shimming (ball joints) on the highway...
At 25k, I'd expect these parts to last longer... but I'm certain the combo of Houston's shit streets and 60lbs of Saleen Supercharger helped speed up the demise. :beerchug2:

Lol... I'm done with stealerships. I just got off the phone w the service writter, he was like "Well the shop forman thinks its the endlinks." I told him I waited 2 weeks for the control arms diagnosis, and over 3 months for the parts because last time you guys said it was the control arms, now its not? To top it off they think the clicking noise in first snd second gear is something to do with the exhaust? Wth does exhaust have to do with with a clicking noise only when the car is in gear?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Lol... I'm done with stealerships. I just got off the phone w the service writter, he was like "Well the shop forman thinks its the endlinks." I told him I waited 2 weeks for the control arms diagnosis, and over 3 months for the parts because last time you guys said it was the control arms, now its not? To top it off they think the clicking noise in first snd second gear is something to do with the exhaust? Wth does exhaust have to do with with a clicking noise only when the car is in gear?

You're crazy dealing with this. I would be on the phone with Ford customer service. Maybe I got lucky with a good dealer but I've never had to deal with that on any of my Fords. Same day diagnosis and parts ordered is how my dealer works. Not sure how you are towards them, but you need to be more of a pain in their ass. I hope you get loaners whenever your car is there too...

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
Well I should be getting her back tomorrow, if she still makes noises I'll be calling. Thank you for suggesting.. I might have to get with jewc about other stealerships.

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Aligned the front end and took it for a drive. Tweaked the knobs on my front Strange adjustable. Still waiting on the rear shocks but wow she rides like a damned Benz! Well, maybe not that good but pretty nice. LoL I gotta say I'm a damned good alignment tech :beerchug:

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score

did you get my last PM about Northside Ford?

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Finished out the front suspension with Hotchkis sway bar saddles and bushings.

20131231_153133_resized_zps9cde001e.jpg

20131231_153226_resized_zps4632f8b9.jpg

And finished AMustangRocksLeather install.

20131231_111933_resized_zps0e7e62b5.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back