What have you done to your mustang today?

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
5a6ehequ.jpg

Backtracked on my wire tuck. Infamous P0690 code is haunting me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Ordered up some CS front and rear bumpers and got a quote to get the stripes gone. Not sure if I'm gonna get the rear decklid holes filled. I can save myself a huge chunk of change just keeping my shitty push pins.

Keep the push pins. Do not weld up the holes. The metal on the trunk lid is super thin and if not done correctly will warp and look like shit. Speaking from experience.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Keep the push pins. Do not weld up the holes. The metal on the trunk lid is super thin and if not done correctly will warp and look like shit. Speaking from experience.

Thats what I was afraid of. I don't really want to drop $400 for them to fill the holes and have it come out looking like crap. I trust them to do a good job, but I don't want to be the guy that makes them keep doing it over and over because its not coming out right. I mean, it should be perfect for 10 hours worth of work, but you never know.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
you can find a good v6 holeless lid for less than 400 in a junk yard. I actually plan on looking for a 08-09 lid with all the holes (sat included) for when I de-mod the car this coming winter.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Finally got off my butt and installed the CHE relocation brackets and Steeda no-logo billet aluminum rear lower control arms.

Still have the Steeda "for lowered cars" upper control arm and the CHE axle brace to install, but this was a great start.

The "before" (BMR stuff):

2014-04-22_BMR-stuff_zps45eefd49.jpg

And the "after":

2014-04-22_SteedaLCAsCHE1_zps11b64139.jpg

2014-04-22_SteedaLCAsCHE3_zps7b7f383a.jpg

2014-04-22_SteedaLCAsCHE2_zpse585216d.jpg

And the main reason I didn't try to install the axle brace today:

2014-04-22_che_zps17649b5a.jpg

Yes, the standard bracket for the back of the diff won't fit on the finned cover.

CHE has me covered though, they're sending me a different bracket, just for the finned-cover cars. :D

CHE9PGT500_zps85cbf5e1.jpg

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score

Thats what I was afraid of. I don't really want to drop $400 for them to fill the holes and have it come out looking like crap. I trust them to do a good job, but I don't want to be the guy that makes them keep doing it over and over because its not coming out right. I mean, it should be perfect for 10 hours worth of work, but you never know.

Use 3m panel bond on a little larger piece of metal below the hole then us kitty hair to fill slight dip in panel depth and finish off with a polyester based filler and you will have a strong safe warp free shave on this holes.

3M panel bond adheres door skins and roof skins so a small round piece of metal will hold forever!

Sent from my iPhone 5S

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If I had the tools to do it myself, I would. I'm not gonna hand sand that stuff though. I may have a chat with the shop about doing it that way, but I'm going to wait until my bumpers come in.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
If I had the tools to do it myself, I would. I'm not gonna hand sand that stuff though. I may have a chat with the shop about doing it that way, but I'm going to wait until my bumpers come in.

Colleen (spelling?) on MM I think stuck a penny under the hole and then JB welded over the top and sanded it down before getting it painted. Could be worth trying?

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Took it out for some unnecessarily fast driving down an local country road with some great twist.

Flamesuit on!

Hauled one of my stripped out fox bodies to the recycler. 3 more to go.

Sent from iPhone

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Started the AeroCatch hood pins install, got the drivers side done, now to get the passenger side tomorrow. took a lot longer to do than expected since the dizzy spells, but still got it done between the spells, work a little bit, then stop wait 15-20 mins and then work a little more.

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Thinking about changing the gold stripes to the carbon fiber color, thinking it might match the interior perfectly.

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
Started the AeroCatch hood pins install, got the drivers side done, now to get the passenger side tomorrow. took a lot longer to do than expected since the dizzy spells, but still got it done between the spells, work a little bit, then stop wait 15-20 mins and then work a little more.

Looks sharp, I would be dizzy too, very nerve wracking making permanent cuts lol. Good job though.

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score

They only had black when I got them.. Great system tho! I certainly feel better with them running a cf hood.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks , I purchased these from Brian aka skwerl .. going to be perfect for what I plan on painting the stripes in near future. the more i think about it, the more i'm liking the idea of carbon fiber stripes. probably just mask off the stripes,water sand them, then take masking off and retape and mask off the stripes, then paint the carbon fiber design,clear over it, then take car to body shop at a later date and let them clear the whole car.

Last edited:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Thanks , I purchased these from Brian aka skwerl .. going to be perfect for what I plan on painting the stripes in near future. the more i think about it, the more i'm liking the idea of carbon fiber stripes. probably just mask off the stripes,water sand them, then take masking off and retape and mask off the stripes, then paint the carbon fiber design,clear over it, then take car to body shop at a later date and let them clear the whole car.

THat would be the way to do it and imo would look great!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back