What have you done to your mustang today?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Holy crap is this car fighting me at every turn! Today I got the windows tinted, installed hood struts and a dead pedal. During the window tinting we discovered one of my back windows is scratched badly. Installing the hood struts I almost stripped out one of the hood mounting bolts, had to chase threads with a tap. Also ripped my thumb open relocating the stupid sound tube because I haven't capped it off yet. And to top it off, installing the dead pedal I somehow created a spark shoving the pedal into place rubbing against the wiring bundle. I grabbed some wire loam to protect the wires but I have no idea which hot wire is exposed. I hate electrical issues.

Days like this I seriously consider drinking again.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Plan on driving it at all?

Well, today it is raining :( Made it to the strip on the 4th, great fun, til the rain started. Plan on going back this sat and seeing what I can do. The car is running great and shifting fine with the TR-6060. Plan to drive it every day the weather is nice.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Gave it a bath over the weekend. Bathed the wife's CX-9 and hit it with quick detailer.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Ordered it a McLeod clutch line and 3 qts of Amsoil racing brake fluid, Dot 4.

Looking for stainless steel brake lines also

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, today it is raining :( Made it to the strip on the 4th, great fun, til the rain started. Plan on going back this sat and seeing what I can do. The car is running great and shifting fine with the TR-6060. Plan to drive it every day the weather is nice.

I've been driving mine on days when it isn't nice enough to ride my motorcycle.

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered it a McLeod clutch line and 3 qts of Amsoil racing brake fluid, Dot 4.

Looking for stainless steel brake lines also
I ordered the ones from Vorshlag cause they are a bit longer than stock so there isn't as much tension on the brake lines when I jack/lift the car up.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Dammit. Guy cut me off for a parking space and I didn't see the curb next to me. Think it's repairable? At least a new one is only $150...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

I ordered the ones from Vorshlag cause they are a bit longer than stock so there isn't as much tension on the brake lines when I jack/lift the car up.

Thanks guys. I was looking at the StopTech ones, found them for about $140/set and they seem to be high quality and to include all the brackets and washers I'd want/need.

Kinda hard to justify spending another $100, just cuz the lines are a bit longer?

ANy other reasons why the V's are better?

garner

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it's repairable with sand paper or a dremel, but it's a lot of work and may not come out exact. Finding matching paint is gonna be a pain in the ass too

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Had to jump start it after trying to leave work this morning. Had to replace my battery that was out of warranty, but luckily had a prorated credit of about $70 left. Bought a new one and hopefully it's the last battery I'll need on this car for a very long time since I'm looking into buying a truck very soon

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Sprayed a can of this stuff:

2014-07-08_spray-sound-deadener2_zpse1949c13.jpg

Here:

2014-07-08_spray-sound-deadener1_zps243ceb58.jpg

Then found out that I seem to have a left rear axle seal leak:

2014-07-08_axle-seal-leak2_zps55e3a4a8.jpg

2014-07-08_axle-seal-leak3_zpsc8600063.jpg

2014-07-08_axle-seal-leak5_zps34a4df65.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
^ Did you notice any difference after using that BoomMat? How many layers?

I just applied it about an hour ago and been letting it dry. That was one whole can, I sprayed it on kinda thick.
I have one more can I will go spray on soon.
Haven't driven the car yet

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back