What have you done to your mustang today?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
My new goal is to have the car back together, tested, and dialed in before the NMRA race in KY in October. I just changed up way to many things to be back out quickly:

25.3 cage
Attempting CF doors with power windows/etc
Changing over to a mechanical fuel pump
Adding a 2nd intercooler on the passenger side
Moving from stock PCM to Holley EFI.
Swapping to boost control through the Holley
Finally doing some headwork and proper cams
Changing from 6266's to 6766's
Rewiring the entire car (gutting stock SJB, fuse box, harnesses and starting over with only what is needed)

It is going to be awhile before everything comes together, and then with all the changes I'm sure there will be lots to learn. When all is said and done we should have considerably more power, and be a bit lighter than I was last season.

What, no cf hood, bumper, fenders and Deck lid? You know you are really half assing this project bud :p

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered from AM the MMD blackout decklid panel, as I never really likes the crappy vinyl the factory put on. Also ordered Saleen style hash stripes with GT/CS in them. Depending on how they look I will keep them on and remove the hood spear stripes. Got some red Lamin-X film too, going to try to red out the clear portion of my tail lights and see how that looks. Still plan on removing the fake side scoops too, once everything comes in.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered from AM the MMD blackout decklid panel, as I never really likes the crappy vinyl the factory put on. Also ordered Saleen style hash stripes with GT/CS in them. Depending on how they look I will keep them on and remove the hood spear stripes. Got some red Lamin-X film too, going to try to red out the clear portion of my tail lights and see how that looks. Still plan on removing the fake side scoops too, once everything comes in.

I look forward to the pics. That is going to look good!

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Whipple 2.9

Attachments

• IMG_20150323_184756_280.jpg
    IMG_20150323_184756_280.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 31

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
What, no cf hood, bumper, fenders and Deck lid? You know you are really half assing this project bud :p

Halfass is my middle name! All those parts were on the wish list but not gonna happen this year. Only possibility is the trunk lid. The only front CF bumper out there is MMR's 2010+ GT500 style one, and for some odd reason I actually like my 2012 front end and am even warming up to the stock fogs. If I did that front bumper/grill I'd have to swap to a 13+ hood too. Price and amount of stuff to paint would snowball.

The stock fenders are surprisingly light. Not sure how the CF ones supposedly drop 20lbs unless they only weigh 1lb a piece.

Bud, damn. Thats a lot of work to get done.

I've never been accused of being smart, but have been accused of being overly ambitious from time to time.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Put the new wheels/tires on it, cleaned it, and put it into its spot at the World Of Wheels car show

IMG_20150326_135354_758_zpsujycpnxq.jpg
[

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
all the bullshit going on in this forum behind the scenes. place is going down hill like a snowball. alot of key players have jumped ship and have splintered and made another forum. Kimmer is a fucking asshole scumbag for his exit and the new owner is running this site in the ground. anyone notice any extra spamming going on in their email? your email is more than likely being sold. your pm's are definitely being read. lots of issues if you arent aware of you should tunein

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The new wheels look great on there Gabe. You really nailed the center cap placement. :thumb2:

Lol thanks Albert ... I installed the center caps onto the wheels after the car was in its final spot with the new wheels on it, so those stickers would all face the right way, with none of them upside down.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm gonna keep those very long. I don't like how bright the white on them is, compared to the rest of the car's color scheme. I already have others in mind, which would be a charcoal gray

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
So due to all of the craters (potholes) and construction roads that I have to drive on, I have been driving on broken Ford Racing K springs for almost a year. So my car has basically been riding on bottomed out shocks with no suspension at all. This has also put excessive stress on the balljoints, tie rod ends, strut mounts, etc.

I FINALLY got the funds together to fix it. This morning I ordered:

BMR handling springs
GT500 strut mounts
Koni Yellow struts and shocks
Ford Racing lower control arms

I'll pick up new Moog tie rod ends locally.

I can't wait to get this stuff installed. I hit a big pothole last week and now it feels like my tie rod ends/ball joints will let go any minute and destroy my front end. Luckily I'm travelling this week and not driving it.

Next round will be all BMR rear suspension.

My 150,000 mile car will ride better than new.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
as per rules i wont/cant pm the link but if i had a number, we may could find the link. and anything you want kept private,,, dont send thru pm, they are being monitored

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
Finished installing my vented catch can - takes care of both sides, nothing goes back in the intake path.

11082497_10153166879734826_3660887252721683669_n.jpg

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I FINALLY got the funds together to fix it. This morning I ordered:

BMR handling springs
GT500 strut mounts
Koni Yellow struts and shocks
Ford Racing lower control arms

Those mods will definitely transform your ride, congrats! I bet you can't wait to put those on!

I've been wanting to get some Bilstein struts/shocks myself. Been running this KR setup for quite a while now and wouldn't mind a refresh.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back