What have you done to your mustang today?

JimC

Reaction score
Drove to MRT and picked it up. Nice leisurely drive home keeping it out of boost until the dyno tune. ZERO faith in the BBR supplied tune that broke it first time at WOT.

Lolol. What did u get done.
Replaced the engine - broke it last May the first time we took it WOT after sending BBR data logs for 2 weeks. The first tune was so bad the car wasn't drivable.
a BBR enema! LOL!!
Pretty accurate description:iranmaybe:

This is what was found in the oil pan of the old engine:

Haven't torn it down yet to see what other damage was done and where - so not sure if it came from one or multiple pistons. Compression and leak down testing said a cylinder was bad on each bank though - although we thought it was broken ring lands and not the skirts coming apart.

I've been working on a deal for dyno tuning, just waiting for the confirmation.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
I have the yellow Konis and run about 1 full turn from full soft toward stiff, 1.5 turns since the blower install due to the extra weight
This is what I ended up doing as well for now. The stiff setting was too squirrely. Thanks for the responses.

Liking the stance...good balance between slammed and dragging on every damn thing. I may be able to replace my front bumper cover now without tearing it up again.

225d5d0eb93868d60f4e36c262b17d8d.jpg

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
New wheels! Shitty after pics since the weather was bad and I didn't get out the DSLR.

Before : Chrome 18'' AMRs

After : OEM 2011 SVT PP wheels

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Not really a mod but, more of a convenience, I wanted to get a new Ipod for my 'stang so, I did. Since they no longer produce the Ipod Classic, I got the Touch. I do have an Ipod Classic but, I now use it in my truck with it's new audio/Nav unit.

While this may not be of interest in itself, I have had the idea of making a detachable mounting location for my Ipod in my center console and this is the real reason for this thread and may be of interest to some of you.

As you may or may not know, Apple does a bang up job with packaging these products and the ITouch is no different. The packaging is where I got the 'parts' for this mount. In the pics I put up, you can maybe see the progress to do this from start to finish.

The Touch resides in a plastic tray in the packaging and this tray is what I used for the mount in the console. With some modifications for the cable and relief for the on/off switch on the Touch, it is the perfect platform for a detachable mount and being the cheap bostage that I am, I took advantage. I also am using the package cover for protection when the Touch is in it's mount. All you need do is slot a couple of holes and that's it, I used a small drill bit and a rotary file on my Dremel for the slots.

Mounting it in the console was easy. In the console, there is an access panel that can easily be removed. Before I pulled the panel, I put some double sided tape on the tray and stuck it to the panel before pulling the panel. This would be the position the detachable tray would sit in the console.

With the tray stuck to the panel, I removed this assembly and drilled a couple of holes where I would use some stainless machines screws with washers and nuts for a solid assembly.

Putting the panel back in place in the console, now fully assembled, gave me the result I was looking for. Observe the photos.

Attachments

• ipod touch project.jpg
    ipod touch project.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 32
  • ipod touch project1_1.jpg
    ipod touch project1_1.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 29
  • ipod touch project2_1.jpg
    ipod touch project2_1.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 27
  • ipod touch project3.JPG
    ipod touch project3.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That looks good with the Ipod. My truck has an old iphone 4 for the ipod in it. I just threw it ingo the glove compartment but I like what you did much better. My mustang has bluetooth in the stereo so I just use my current iphone for the ipod in that.

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
5/8 plugs broke.

2 of them the thread and nut broke but left the shell. Had to improvise.
b036ea825f144863a1176b97f798a6dc.jpg

String made it a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back