What have you done to your mustang today?

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Still dealing with my overheating problem. Today I bought a new water pump, belt, cap, and radiator. While installing the new parts I think that I found the problem...

d08e920bda807f9ce4c79d056067404d.jpg

But, now I'll have a complete new cooling system in the car.

I also found that the resistor for the low speed fan is fried. It shouldn't be too big a deal since I have the high speed fan set to come on at the lowest temperature setting, and I'll bypass the resistor so it will always run on high speed until I can get a new one.

While I had the coolant drained I decided to change the oil filter housing gasket since it had a small drip. Unfortunately, the dealership gave me the wrong gasket, and since it's a holiday weekend, I won't even be able to order the correct one until Tuesday [emoji35]

5b62d7b04b411542c1fa0e4a78346ace.jpg

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Ok....what is that on the radiator?

Pollen, cottonwood stuff. Happens a lot according to one of the guys I used to work with. People come in complaining of A/C not working right or the car not cooling well and a few minutes with a hose spraying from the back of the rad fixes it right up.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
took off my grille, masked off the car and painted the area under the hood release black
going to paint the new shelby grille black after I call lmr about it arriving damaged

removed gt side badges and put on powered by ford badges
lastly drove it!

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Pollen, cottonwood stuff. Happens a lot according to one of the guys I used to work with. People come in complaining of A/C not working right or the car not cooling well and a few minutes with a hose spraying from the back of the rad fixes it right up.
This...

It gets clogged with what looks like fine pieces of cotton, then with dirt. I tried spraying it out from the back and I got most of the surface stuff off, but it was still pretty clogged up with dirt and the fins were getting bent from the water pressure. I just went ahead and changed it since I already bought it and I didn't know if there is scale build up on the inside as well. I only paid about $200 for the water pump, belt, cap, and radiator. My daughter works at Autozone...

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
This...

It gets clogged with what looks like fine pieces of cotton, then with dirt. I tried spraying it out from the back and I got most of the surface stuff off, but it was still pretty clogged up with dirt and the fins were getting bent from the water pressure. I just went ahead and changed it since I already bought it and I didn't know if there is scale build up on the inside as well. I only paid about $200 for the water pump, belt, cap, and radiator. My daughter works at Autozone...

That's a nice family connection! My son manages a GNC... very convenient.

Sure glad you found the root of your problem.

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
That's a nice family connection! My son manages a GNC... very convenient.

Sure glad you found the root of your problem.
Yeah...as much work as I do on cars it's nice [emoji4]

Thanks man! Now as long as there is no head gasket damage I'll be very happy. I should actually be able to use my air conditioner now...lol

My daughter just bought an 08 Volkswagen Jetta...so we'll be buying LOTS of parts. Lol

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah...as much work as I do on cars it's nice [emoji4]

Thanks man! Now as long as there is no head gasket damage I'll be very happy. I should actually be able to use my air conditioner now...lol

My daughter just bought an 08 Volkswagen Jetta...so we'll be buying LOTS of parts. Lol

At least they're more common now. Parts should be cheaper...<G>

Phil1098

Reaction score

May the mechanical gods be with you, my daughter had a 2000 Beetle, I'm pretty sure the only thing I didn't change or repair on that car was the engine block and the transmission. The amount of work that I put into that thing would have totaled the car if I had the VW garage do the work. I called it Hitler's revenge. Some of the design also made me claim "this is why they lost the war".

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Swapped out my thermostat with a 180. The 160 that came with the Whipple kit was too damn cold and inconsistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K_Brogoitti

forum member
Reaction score
Took it to the Pacific Northwest Mustang Club show yesterday at Columbia Point. BIG turnout, lots of nice Stang's including a 2013 Shelby GT1000!

Judaspriess

forum member
Reaction score
I put on new wheels/tires so I stop sliding around. 255's in front and 305's in the rear. Just waiting on the center caps.
_20150525_171802.jpg
_20150525_171802.jpg

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Some of the comments are hilarious ... lol

Great job, car looked awesome!

I appreciate it :) The bad thing is...I didn't go into 4th so let out around 1000' (which is the reason for the low trap...should have been about 8-10 mph higher). Hellcat fans are pretty delusional

tehdixie

the empire business
Reaction score
Anyone fixed the broken console aux in port on the 07+ cars? I'd like to get mine working before I do a Oklahoma - Pac NW road trip this weekend

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
SmKLSJz.jpg

My car is old, filthy, and rusty, taking a lot of time cleaning up and painting brackets, cleaning bolts, etc.. with every thing I'm doing this year. First drive should be in 7-10 days, though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back