What have you done to your mustang today?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Old rusted up rotors
SUls4BP.jpg
MsieHB7.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ Hit them with as wire wheel then spray them with a high temp paint. No need to mask them off as your brake pads will clean off the important part.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Why do the pics on Imgur look fine, but when I post them here, the crop/ratio is all fucked up?

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
74093158a2a168029be85b83f40f16f6.jpg
d143df1a9100f0ea46fddb061e5f0180.jpg
caf6e36cb5bc0bb0b029f7ff3b16b5c3.jpg

Gt500 rear brakes. Went with the adapter bracket, and centric kit (125 rotors and ceramic pads)

Will see how I like the pads, rotors are beautiful though.

Also painted the calipers black because rust and bare metal is fugly

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
That was the plan initially B, but looks like the last time the rotors needed truing, the previous owner just threw new pads on. Rotors had some nice grooves throughout the contact patch. Gave me a good reason to try these new rotors. Ha!

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
You using a kit, or having someone weld in pipe? My brother is looking for a clean way of removing them on his GT350.

Just had them welded. You might want to look up the cost for the R pipes, depending where they start/end because that's the difference and then his will be oem at least.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
You gotta buy the entire exhaust system since the S550's is a one piece system from the midpipe back. It's about $1700~ for the R catback. Lol

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
$1700 would buy a TIG welder with enough left over to buy some metal to practice on . . . not that I wouldn't give swedensky's solution a shot with the MIG-welder that I already do have.

I've got some pretty red springs and new yellow shocks and struts to trial-fit and tweak the ride height up a bit for.

Norm

Last edited:

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
... installed 'The Stubby' antenna. Nice little antenna and i get the FM (that's radio for you young people) stations that i got w/the stock antenna. Ordered it in Sunday and it appeared in the mailbox on Tuesday.

That's all for now.

Chris

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Got my dead pedal installed. Sits higher than I thot but it still gets the job done.

Rg2P5kr.jpg

Debating on whether to get the matching brake, clutch and gas pedals. You have to drill the clutch and brake pedals to install the covers and there's just not a whole lot of workin room there.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
... installed 'The Stubby' antenna. Nice little antenna and i get the FM (that's radio for you young people) stations that i got w/the stock antenna. Ordered it in Sunday and it appeared in the mailbox on Tuesday.

That's all for now.

Chris

What kind are you using? I got one on my car and truck and both are noticeably not as good as the long ass stocker. I have Sirus XM though so that kind of off sets it.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
FM (that's radio for you young people) stations
I googled it. I'm slightly interested, how do you choose a station? Is it like Pandora, where I can type in a genre or artist and it plays similar songs, and you can thumbs up and thumbs down them to either hear more like it, or not hear that particular song again?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Got my dead pedal installed. Sits higher than I thot but it still gets the job done.

Rg2P5kr.jpg

Debating on whether to get the matching brake, clutch and gas pedals. You have to drill the clutch and brake pedals to install the covers and there's just not a whole lot of workin room there.

You have the dead pedal on the wrong bolt. Remove it and look for another bolt about 3" back from the one you used, right at the floor level. The dead pedal should be flat against the carpet.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
What kind are you using? I got one on my car and truck and both are noticeably not as good as the long ass stocker. I have Sirus XM though so that kind of off sets it.

ZmanM3:

Craven Speed (cravenspeed.com) is where I got mine. It does work well (all the stations I had saved all come in as well as with the stock antenna) but that could be that the signals are strong in the area where I roam. The Stubby antenna is nicely made and the finish looks like powdercoating.

I'm sure the lower profile will save you drag racers a couple of tenths in the quarter, too. :gr_grin:

Chris

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
I googled it. I'm slightly interested, how do you choose a station? Is it like Pandora, where I can type in a genre or artist and it plays similar songs, and you can thumbs up and thumbs down them to either hear more like it, or not hear that particular song again?

cbass:

I always start chuckling in anticipation of reading your posts. I quite enjoyed the latest (above)! Sometimes, however, you do post serious stuff so you manage to keep your fans guessing. :clap:

Keep up the good work.

Chris

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Took it to the shop for a noise. Ended up being the pinion bearing. So everything is getting refreshed/upgraded. Guess I'll be waiting a little longer to put new seats in lol.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Brian, the dead pedal is flush against the carpet. When I said high I meant like towards the dash as opposed to the floor.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back