What have you done to your mustang today?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles. I've had my VVME Hid's I got off of Ebay for over 4 years now with no issues at all. Did your hid's come with a relay harness with them?

Yes, I believe they did. I made an error on my post, it's the low beam LED on pass side that is toast, not the hid. Hids are a crap shoot at best, some last 1-2 years, some last 2+ years. And here I thought LEDS would be a no brainer....wrong.

When somebody actually comes out with either a HID or a LED that actually last more than a while... lemme know. The only saving grace is I can swap from LEDS to halogens fast like.

The high beams on the LEDS are useless. The high beams on my HIDs are not much better. The oem reflector lens on my 2010 is not designed for either HID or led, and both have extraneous light, not a sharp defined cutoff. LEDS are werid. They are bright, but don't light up the road very well. The leds come with a massive al heatsink, ribbed type, with a tiny fan. If the fan craps out, the led will be toast, gets too hot.

jam07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Just finished installing an SLP line lock. The brake lines that come with it fit perfectly. Very nice piece and super easy install.

travelers

Reaction score
Finely had time to wash the car. Looks good and I'm off all next week so I'll try and get some of the boxes with new parts installed.

R.M

Reaction score
finally was able to place an order for remaining suspension pieces to get rid of 4x4.
Went with bmr sp009, m/m plates, bmr panhard- got koni yellows 3 months ago.
Wife asked if that was it- I told her yes

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Scott this is on my to-do list. Did you take any install pictures by any chance?

I have this kit too, although I've since modified it when I deleted my ABS so my pics wouldn't be much help, but as stated above it is a super easy install, you'll love the fit and finish, and how well it works too!

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have this kit too, although I've since modified it when I deleted my ABS so my pics wouldn't be much help, but as stated above it is a super easy install, you'll love the fit and finish, and how well it works too!

I am a bit concerned the Vortech intake may get in the way of mounting the solenoid. Need to take a look see as I am pretty sure others with a Vortech have done it.

Another good reason for finishing the Anderson Power Pipe install as it seems to provide more room around that area.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
What spoiler/gurney flap? can you install with out the supports? I won't be seeing over 120mph

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Finished my Paxton install and I gotta say it's a lot of work. Twice of that of a PD blower for sure.

Also the 05-06 kits are quite different than 07. To make it work you need to spend about a good $200-300 in parts.

One of the major area was the hot side intercooler piping that connects the blower to the intercooler.

05-06 is routed completely different.

dd78c0e62867b39cb9039c1d6ddbda5b.jpg

94546e2de10517efea60b52f36c7bcbf.jpg

4a14000e66fea685a0e5f04cf25b37c0.jpg

Imagine the bpv port laying in the same direction. Then you can see how different the pipes are bended.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Not today, but 2 days ago I ordered the "Calimer mix" of Amsoil trans fluids for the MT82 transmission, 2 quarts of Amsoil Syncromesh and 1 quart of Amsoil gear lube.
Delivery expected tomorrow.
Looking forward to doing the change.
I already had the factory fluid changed out at about 10k miles with some custom-blended stuff from BND Automotive, but having the Amsoil mix in there will hopefully be even better.
Plus, the BND stuff is due for a change every 30-40k, and it's been almost 30k, so it's time for a change.

Amsoil_MT82_mix.jpeg

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Not today, but 2 days ago I ordered the "Calimer mix" of Amsoil trans fluids for the MT82 transmission, 2 quarts of Amsoil Syncromesh and 1 quart of Amsoil gear lube.
Delivery expected tomorrow.
Looking forward to doing the change.
I already had the factory fluid changed out at about 10k miles with some custom-blended stuff from BND Automotive, but having the Amsoil mix in there will hopefully be even better.
Plus, the BND stuff is due for a change every 30-40k, and it's been almost 30k, so it's time for a change.

Amsoil_MT82_mix.jpeg
I bought the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Got tired of the gear indicator next to the shifter and in the cluster. Plus the plastic around the shifter looked cheap IMO. Manual boot time!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back