what muffler??

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Thanks ou81 but Im not new to mustang's I have had about six from 10 sec to stock. But this is my first s197 I was just looking to see what every one was running I know on the fox body every one has flowmaster's but never see any on the s197 why is that?

Because they sound horrible. You do realize that the S197 uses an axleback setup, right? So unless you have a set of Flowmasters for the S197 than you can't just throw them on.. Otherwise there are tons of thread talking about it, plenty of reading.

This guy has jokes! LOL

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Like others have said, just search youtube. You can find anything and everthing on there but beware that sometimes they sound different in person. I am running a Hooker Headers O/R X and FRPP GTB axleback.(Hot Rod cams)

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Thanks ou81 but Im not new to mustang's I have had about six from 10 sec to stock. But this is my first s197 I was just looking to see what every one was running I know on the fox body every one has flowmaster's but never see any on the s197 why is that?

I have flowmasters and an O/R H. This is my 4th set up so far. Everyone is not running the same thing, nor is any one answer correct. These cars, for a V8, are hard to get "that sound" out of IMO. My flows sound good, for now, but I'm sure soon enough they will start sounding like shit as the welds break and they start to rattle, lol

There is a shit ton of reading you can do on this subject on here.

(Damn, I'm getting soft)

Last edited:

KemahGT

forum member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money. Stock with the right shit in front of them sound very good, look stealth and make about 2/10ths of a horsepower less than any other axle backs.

Unless you're making about 12,000 RWHP. Then you might want to go up to a 3" exhaust system. :beerdrink:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I love the way mine sounded with the stock mufflers and my O/R H pipe. I just hated the way they looked. I'm actually thinking about getting tips put on the stockers and painting the cans black and putting them back on.

panama

forum member
Reaction score
Also check out AmericanMuscle. They have a lot of axle back sound clips in one spot to listen to. I have Blowmasters American Thunder exhaust, sounds good just not loud enough for me. I am actually going to do delete pipes and try to run some 4" round magnapacks as a mid muffler.

1andonlywhitie

The Australian...
Reaction score
Stock Bullitt ones... look and sound good. Just not quite loud enough... LT's/H Pipe are on the way. :D

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
3A racing. best sound available for a mustang. does take some customizing to get done though. i just used flexible exhaust tubing and zip ties. just be sure to carry extra zip ties since they get hot and melt every couple of miles. also, you may wanna look into an off road O pipe

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Long tubes, o/r h , 36" glasspacks into slp's. I like it so loud my ear drums bleed. But seriously it isn't that bad. Extremely loud on take off but not too bad cruising at highway speeds. I have heard some where you can't even hear in the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back