What to buy 2014 Shelby GT500 or 2014 Corvette?

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" 250 and fit in a c7 just fine. Border line but just fine. They are performing really well with FI. Everyone is making 550-700rwhp and even a few over 1000rwhp on stock motors. Seems the new LT1 motor is strong as hell. Factory tranny, rear end, clutch, etc is all taking 1000rwhp so that is a good sign.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
if you are looking for attention just wear spandex and shove a potato down your pants, remember the potato is inserted in the front of the pants.
Get the GT500 .

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Do try sitting in one first. I'm 6'4'' and don't fit. My knees/legs rub against the dash, and I've tried several C7s.

..the fuck?

Lol what?

Just because a car cost 60-70k doesn't mean I wanna crap away 2K extra a year for insurance so sure it matters! A Nissan GTR is $4000 a year to insure. Its one of my favorite cars, but I will never own one because of its insurance and maintaining expenses.

Ve

LOL...What I'm saying is that when you are going to drop 60+ grand on car A or car B, and either one of the choices has insurance that is two grand more than the other choice, that should not make or break your purchase decision to bias you toward one selection or the other.

The two grand (times the three years of ownership the OP says he will keep the car because he 'likes new cars, attention, and wants to turn heads at car shows) works out to 6 grand over the life of ownership.

6 grand, while not insignificant over three years, is nothing compared to the 30 grand you lost in depreciation (using the standard rule of thumb that a car loses 50% of its value in the first 3 years of its life).

That was the first part of my response. :nk:

The second part was to answer the OP's question. Both cars side by side. Pick one. I'd grab the 'Vette.

OP - :yo:You are on a Mustang website, so take that into consideration.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
The Vette would be the way to go if you are an attention whore. I've had three Mustang GT's since 2010 and now the C6 Grand Sport. I can tell you the Corvette is better in every way when compared to any Mustang.....

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
I can tell you the Corvette is better in every way when compared to any Mustang.....

43073718.jpg

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The Vette would be the way to go if you are an attention whore. I've had three Mustang GT's since 2010 and now the C6 Grand Sport. I can tell you the Corvette is better in every way when compared to any Mustang.....

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? :omfg:

I thought you sold the Mustang for financial reasons???? Maybe that was someone else......

Nice Vette!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter which one you get to me, they will both be slow... Haha

I already have a fast car, so I would get the Vette. No actually I would love a new GT500. Man the decisions we have to make sometimes...

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? :omfg:

I thought you sold the Mustang for financial reasons???? Maybe that was someone else......

Nice Vette!

I traded the 2012 Mustang for the C6 on Dec. 31st 2013. I figured I had punished GM enough with buying four new Fords since 2010 including the wife's Explorer. I have to say that owning a wide body Vette has been a great experience so far. Every time I take the car out people give me the thumbs up and want to stop and take a look at the car. The Grand Sport handles like it's on rails and stops better than any car I have ever owned.:highfive:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

Its true though. I want a 15 SO bad, but my car is faster and not daily driven. Why would I want another big build to get to where I am at now? Its more fun to beat up on the C6s, ZO6s, GT500s, and GTRs at the track.

Besides, 3V FTW! Haha

shawnxrox

forum member
Reaction score
Not going to lie, its nice to have an attention getting car. I must not have gotten enough attention as a kid lol...

I always had cool cars, 01 Saleen, 07 C500, 13' Roush Stage 2. I loved the Roush Stage 2. The new stingray is a night and day difference as far as quality.

I don't know if maybe I should wait and see if 15' GT500 comes out before making a decision.

Here is a pic of car I just sold. I sold it right before 15' was released because I was afraid the value was going to tank.

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 29
  • imagejpeg950.jpg
    imagejpeg950.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 24
  • roush88.jpg
    roush88.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 29
  • roush99.jpg
    roush99.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 26

Ablaze

Reaction score
Not going to lie, its nice to have an attention getting car. I must not have gotten enough attention as a kid lol...

I always had cool cars, 01 Saleen, 07 C500, 13' Roush Stage 2. I loved the Roush Stage 2. The new stingray is a night and day difference as far as quality.

I don't know if maybe I should wait and see if 15' GT500 comes out before making a decision.

Here is a pic of car I just sold. I sold it right before 15' was released because I was afraid the value was going to tank.

Really great looking Roush. I wanted one myself until I found out you cannot really get them done post-title and still get it serialized.

I was in your position about two months ago and I'm almost 30 myself. I went to the chevrolet dealership with a family member for their routine service so I could test drive a stingray. They had a yellow one that was calling my name..

Long story short I ended up with a 14 Shelby. I didn't buy it for the cool kid factor, I don't like buying cars every few years and constantly trading up. This has the look and power I want so I'll be happy for many years to come -- depreciation or not, why I bought it new off the showroom floor. On my way home a few hundred miles I had truckers honk at me, people pull up beside me to yell and scream "Gogogogo" with their thumbs up. Every half hour another maniac was weaving through traffic to salute like I had hit the lottery. Funny, my wallet felt lighter.

I don't drive to work either. My girl picked out the color and we use it to cruise. We both love everything about it. Good luck with your decision.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie .... If you want attention, nothing draws peoples eyes than a black car with a red grill that can kind of resemble lipstick

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score

Not gonna lie - spending all the money on a Roush with all kinds of stickers and body kit, while still getting the brakes of a base GT mustang would really suck.

Oh, and selling a car and buying another one "because the value might tank" is the most financially irrational thing I've ever heard.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Oh, and selling a car and buying another one "because the value might tank" is the most financially irrational thing I've ever heard.

I had to bite my tongue on that one, until now...
We don't by our toys for value. If you are concerned with losing value, you are in the wrong car market. Get a cheap beater. Heck, get an old Jeep Cherokee. Value there has increased since 'Cash for Clunkers'. Or get something much older with collector value.

Anything this new is going to depreciate.

Last edited:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I did a lot of car, bike, truck, snowmobile, ATV... whatever trading when I was in my late 20's and early 30's. Man.... if I could go back I would bitch slap myself until I bleed out.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
I did a lot of car, bike, truck, snowmobile, ATV... whatever trading when I was in my late 20's and early 30's. Man.... if I could go back I would bitch slap myself until I bleed out.

LMAO... Sorry, I am drunk and agree... Would have kept my first truck.

:asslicker:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back