New Owner of a GT500

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Does the car come with LT's ?? And for you folks with GT-500's..that installed LT's, how much difference did it make ?

They add about 15 rwhp

Nice car. Congrats, but it ain't no Cobra.

The car has factory-installed Cobra badges technically it can be called a Cobra.
It's not common practice, but it's not wrong either.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
The first generation 65-70 GT350/GT500 models were badged, nameplated as Shelby Cobra GT350/GT500 models. Following the demise of Carroll Shelby's partnership with Ford in 1968, Ford acquired the Cobra nameplate rights from Carroll Shelby. When Carroll Shelby eventually revived his partnership with Ford and SVT in 2007, Ford retained its ownership rights of the Cobra moniker name. This is the reason the Cobra nameplate hasn't appeared on any of the 2007-current generation Shelby GT350/GT500 models. Anyhow, just saying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Badges be damned, that's gonna be one badass car right there!

I'll never forget my first drive with ~540 rwhp. I took it for a spin while the tuner got the bill ready, I got back and he asked why I was smiling so much.... You'll get used to it, but it's never any less fun!

Ordinarily I'd be wary of purchasing someone else's project, but it sounds like this guy did things right. The painted stripes look pretty good! I'd like to do that one day, vinyl just doesn't hold up after a while...

Enjoy!

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Dude....You have an AWESOME Shelby. Most of us just dream of owning a car like yours. It looks great and I bet it's really fun to drive. It's a shame that your first thread about it get the assholes going on here like they have something to say that we want to hear. I want to hear more about your car not the babbling bullshit coming from the haters. Keep posting and showing us what you got and congrats's on the new purchase.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
interesting thing about stripes, those might be fixed width whereas if I recall correctly they are usually narrower at the ends and thicker at the middle to correct for perspective.

Something to look into.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Also, congrats on you're "08" Shelby GT500. Just as 06Jet mentioned in his post, you have a very awesome ride and like him, I also dream about owning a car like yours as well. It does indeed look great and also have no doubt about how much fun it is to drive. In the meantime, thanks for sharing with us and welcome to the forums :waytogo:

booster19

Reaction score
I'm happy to be a part of the group and it's been a long road to owning a car like this. I don't make a ton of money but I have been setting aside extra cash over the past 2 yrs with the goal of getting a nice muscle car. This car is far more than I ever expected to get into I was just at the right place at the right time.

1 Alibi 2

If not today, when ??????
Reaction score
interesting thing about stripes, those might be fixed width whereas if I recall correctly they are usually narrower at the ends and thicker at the middle to correct for perspective.

Something to look into.
The factory stripes on my 11 & 14 are tapered so they look straight on surfaces that aren't flat.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm happy to be a part of the group and it's been a long road to owning a car like this. I don't make a ton of money but I have been setting aside extra cash over the past 2 yrs with the goal of getting a nice muscle car. This car is far more than I ever expected to get into I was just at the right place at the right time.

And we're glad to have you aboard. Once again, congrats on finding your very awesome "08" Shelby GT500 :waytogo:

SpecOps13

3rd Childhood Thing
Reaction score
Bitch, Bitch, Bitch.... That's why the world is so FU.... I haven't even got an 07 -09 Cobra yet, I have an SVT Cobra.. Bitch me out for a while and get off the technicalities. Get Along and go piss up a rope... I love the car no matter what you call it... MY CALULATIONS AS TO HP DON'T MEAN CRAP, MY BUTT DYNO DOES... And, I can beat some Coyote's with my 3 valve... It's not heavily modified but it is set up balanced...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back