What Would U Like To See In The Future For Gt's?..

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION?

I'd like to see it as an option. However the solid axle doesn't seem to hinder its handling on smooth racetracks too much.

OVERALL WEIGHT LOSS?

Sure, lighter is better! Maybe there should be a version of the GT that is similar to the no option LX models of years ago for people mainly interested in performance. No power anything and the only options available are performance enhancing ones.

WAY BETTER HP/TQ #'S?

I think its possible and should be a goal considering that cars like the V6 6 speed manual transmission Honda Accord coupe are only a few tenths slower in the 1/4 than a stock GT. :wtf: We can't have 2 door family cars that aren't left in the dust by a Mustang.

BETTER GAS MILEAGE?

Adding a 6 speed tranny and direct injection can help a lot with that. Why not make it a 6 speed that's a close ratio 5 speed with a tall 6th for highway cruising.

(its all possible)

Its possible.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Because we already moved one of his threads there yesterday. Figured we would leave this one for a day for him to feel the love.

But... it's on it's way now.

ixtlan

Reaction score
INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION? No
Too limiting and detrimental to placing power to the ground.
Thats why this platform does not have it.

OVERALL WEIGHT LOSS? No
To lose the weight the sheetmetal will need to be thinned. A major complaint on the S95 was the flex of the unibody and Tin Cannyness of the car.

WAY BETTER HP/TQ #'S? Yes
Bigger engine that has more potential for us to explore.

BETTER GAS MILEAGE? Dont Care
I will trade off Mileage for Performance any day of the week.
Want mileage? Buy a Focus.

I would like to see some engineering improvements that would make the car more owner maintainable.
Other then that I really cant think of much I would change.
Other then banning the bean counters from touching it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back