What's wrong with this? Slow E.T. and trap speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
LOL best 60 ft on my stock wheels and tire 2.6 LOL its like and ice skating event with a 4.30 gear.

blue streak

forum member
Reaction score
Those are KILLING you bro. Throw those MTs on there and it will feel like a new car!

My chick's '11 V6 traps at 101-103 with a 13.7 on 20's. So, it's the 235's killing yours. As for the OP, we already told him he needs to lower the PSI in the tires. What good does lowering to 20psi do? Once you do a burnout, you're back up to 22+psi in the tires. When I ran 275/45/18 555R's, I went 15psi in my tires. With that, I was cutting 1.6-1.7 all day.
I'm aware. lol. I went 8.0s easily at 86 with the stock engine and 26/10.5/15s and 275/50/15s. I don't have the cash for new drag radials yet but I should be in the 7.60@91-92 range easily. I run 14psi hot in my MT's. 17+psi hot, I would spin.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Oh, you're talking 1/8th mile? I was talking 1/4 with the V6 in my last post.

I see in your sig you're on PZero. That's the other thing. Those were nice for handling but on straight line from my experience. But I hear ya, tires are expensive. Especially now. I somehow managed to now have a set for DD, a set for AutoX and now a set for drag. How the hell did this happen? haha!

Skarkull

forum member
Reaction score
In Fayetteville, NC I ran a 13.1 @ 104 w/ a 1.8 60' on the factory tires and 3.55's. All I had was the preloaded 93 octane tune from SCT on my X3 and a MGW short throw. I'm not saying it's the driver, I would check out a new tune as well. But I have always made it a point to get better with what I have, before I add more. I would have made sure I was solid w/ the stock set-up before I started to add more power. That way when you make changes you can see how they effect the car's performance.

STANGMAN93

Reaction score
Your trap speed is way down for the hp on the chart. I trap 105 in my 3790lb car while making 297rwhp through an auto. You are not making the power at the track that it made on the dyno for sure.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Your trap speed is way down for the hp on the chart. I trap 105 in my 3790lb car while making 297rwhp through an auto. You are not making the power at the track that it made on the dyno for sure.

I wasted over a day trying to explain that point to some people on another forum but every one of them said I was wrong and it couldn't be the tune. :kma:
Well, the tune is updated and I believe the issue is resolved. I'm about ready to leave for the track and find out. I'll be back on later this evening with my results.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well I've only knocked a tenth off my 60' times but took a half second off my 1/4 mile. I think that confirms that the tune update this week made a difference.

My other issue is tire size I believe. I'm still stuck between crossing the line in 3rd bouncing off the limiter or short shifting and crossing in 4th. My best time tonight was when I stayed in 3rd but I hit the limiter about 40' from the finish. I need to replace these 28" tall tires with something shorter.

At one point the track was having issues with the quarter mile trap speeds in the right lane. I was going a bit faster than 43mph when I crossed the line.

IMG_1907.jpg

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
You should practice and get that 60 ft down more. What are you doing at the tree?

Waste up the tires you have until you get more seat time if I was you. What RPM are you in 4th crossing the line? What about 3rd? Hitting the rev limit 40 feet before the track is KILLING your ET and MPH.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yup, I'm practicing. As far as the tree, I go when the light turns green. :thumb:
I only get about 3-4 runs per night and I only have about 15-20 seconds between the burnout and staging, so it's all a big rush and I'm trying to focus on 12 things at once. But for the most part I'm just launching on instinct because I'm watching the light instead of my tach. Yes, I need more practice, saying it over and over isn't going to help. But I appreciate you reiterating that for me. :)

I'll try to remember my tach readings at specific points for you on my next trip. I wish I could answer your questions but I can't.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I wasted over a day trying to explain that point to some people on another forum but every one of them said I was wrong and it couldn't be the tune. :kma:
Well, the tune is updated and I believe the issue is resolved.

Good thing you got that tune fixed......knocked off a whoping 3 tenths of a second! Now your as fast as i was when I was N/A.......LOL......

:kma:right back at ya!!

Last edited:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
The difference was not the tune it was the weather smart ass, you went during the afternoon on a Sunday versus tonight on a Friday. Oh and guess what Im still faster! Haha

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Seen you out there last night...not bad.

The weather definitely played a large roll in your mph improvement compared to last Funday Sunday.

Mine wasn't running great last night but I feel it's driver error as I'm rusty and my 60' was terrible.

Last edited:

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
No you two are both wrong. The da the last time he ran was 2056. Last night it was 1918. That is not a significant enough change to gain almost 2 mph. His tune had to be off even if it was just a little bit. Shifting just before the line can kill just a little bit of time and maybe 1-2 mph. Swiching tires should help with that.

Redfire his pass the last time he went was at 9pm.

Last edited by a moderator:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
What were his IAT's sunday and last night?

(Insert creative, witty tapatalk signature here)

Nobody asked you and if I could remember what you looked like then I would avoid you anyway. I said from the beginning that I thought it was in the tune and all I got was a bunch of crap from people telling me it couldn't be the tune and it was my damn fault. Well it was the fucking tune! So go fuck yourself and stay the fuck out of my threads. I've been trying to ignore you since I got here but you keep injecting yourself into my life. Go away.

I just went all the way back through this thread and I could not find a single post from anybody who would even consider that perhaps the tune might not be correct. So every single one of you just assumed I was wrong even though I said in the first post that I thought there was a problem with the tune. After 50+ miles of driving this afternoon and evening I am convinced that a big chunk of the problem has been resolved with the updated tune. Yes, there were some worthy suggestions here and I have a lot to learn at the track but every one of you still refused to consider that Justin's tune might possibly be less than perfect. I might not know a lot but sometimes I know more than others think I know.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

why would you even try to help him? we gave him a ton of valuable advise, the same stuff people told him on this forum.......but we dont know shit......its all in his tune as he stated! he made NO DRIVER improvements at all......it was all in his tune, plain and simple! Has nothing to do with IAT's possibly pulling timing......has nothing to do with redlining in 3rd gear to get accross the line......nothing to do with 20+ PSI in drag radials......glad that tune is fixed!!

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not helping anybody. Just stating facts. Both nights were 84* so iat's would not have changed. The problem is, is that not only has the op been rude but other posters have been as well and all for no reason. The op shouldn't have been rude about other people just trying to help and others should have just no longer posted after he was being rude and let him fend for himself.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
There is NO PROOF in the tune his 60 ft dropped .2 and his ET dropped .3.

Its because of the 60 Ft.

also there is reason we tried to help him telling him what to try before BASHING a reputable tuner in the area. He decided to blame it on everything else but himself. He is a decent guy I'm glad to help but dont blame others for your mistakes! Lets get the times lower and work TOGETHER instead of playing the blame game.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I'm not helping anybody. Just stating facts. Both nights were 84* so iat's would not have changed. The problem is, is that not only has the op been rude but other posters have been as well and all for no reason. The op shouldn't have been rude about other people just trying to help and others should have just no longer posted after he was being rude and let him fend for himself.

exactly....thats why im trying to figure out why anyone cares,lol.......you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
60' changes rarely improve mph. My personal experiance with drastic drops in 60' is that the mph will either stay the same or lower. My 04 went from a high 1.8 60ft traping 112.5 to cutting a mid 1.6 60ft and trapping just 111.88 on the same day. My TA is the same way. If it blows the tires off and has a 1.9 60ft it traps 112.7. If it cuts it's normal high 1.5 60ft it traps 112.2. He's not going to gain 2 mph from .2 change in his 60ft. His et change is almost all in the 60ft change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back