Where to run cable from headunit to backup camera?

Murphdog

Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this question considering it's a general S197 issue, but I'm wanting to run a video cable from my Pioneer headunit to my new (yet to be installed backup camera in the keyhole. What path / where should I run the cable from the headunit to the trunk? It is an '08 Gt if it matters.

Thanks
Murphy

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I would say right along the passenger side would probably be easiest. All the plastic pieces just pop up and the rear seat is easy to pull out. Should only take you a couple minutes to actually run it.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Yup along the passenger side door sill, under the backseat arm rest, under the seat and into the taillight loom near the spare tire. It's really clean.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Yup along the passenger side door sill, under the backseat arm rest, under the seat and into the taillight loom near the spare tire. It's really clean.

Yup, exactly where I ran my wire. I need to find a switched power source in the trunk area though. My camera is intended to be connected to the backup light but my deck has the abilty to view the camera during driving. Was thinking the fuel pump. Any other ideas?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back