Which DR to use on the street?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run Nittos. Haven't tried the M&Hs on the street but the people that have like them. With as little power as you have (no insult intended) you will definitely be fine with either.

Just get them before next Friday so you can meet me out at Northstar to break them in!

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run Nittos. Haven't tried the M&Hs on the street but the people that have like them. With as little power as you have (no insult intended) you will definitely be fine with either.

Just get them before next Friday so you can meet me out at Northstar to break them in!

Yeah, I know I'm not making much power right now. That will change when I get back from my deployment in Feb. :beerdrink:

Can't make it out to DFW anytime soon, sorry dude.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nittos will last the most of all the DRs out

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
I run M&H all year round in the UK, plenty of dry wet and snowy experience, drive safe and al is good. They are great at the track too... 2c

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
This is what can happen driving DR's on wet pavement.

IMG_0084.jpg

It was not raining at that time, but the ground was wet. I had the 2 stock tires in the front and M&H in the back. One was low on tread, but had some the other was about mid way. I was driving straight going 60-65 mph just cruzing.. everything was fine till I hit a bridge section a few hundred feet. That section was not "ribbed" or formed like the rest of the road for water run off. IT could have been just water or maybe oil on there too, who knows. What I do know is the car kicked to a spin and there was no saving it. I have driven with the M&H and thought like you did.. Maybe having reg street tires would have not made a difference, but I dont want to take that chance again. Either that or only drive when there is no water at all. Just be careful... thats all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back