Will a 2010+ interior fit in an 05-09

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
That's why you make sure you buy a car that you can transfere everything over including drive train and all. You could buy a 2011 5.0 and do it. :)

Yeah.... that's a project I had contemplated. If I do that, I think I'll just exchange interiors (or at least the dash. lol) and turn the donor car into a dedicated track car. I need to win the lottery. :hammer:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need to win the lottery too. Just read this, awesome idea and I think it came out really nice. I'd love to find a nice donor '12 GT500 and swap over the drive train and interior. :evil:

JoeS197

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but is the door pannel supposed to line up like that? Or is it a different shape than the stock door pannel and is shorter?

Boozshey

Reaction score
Supposed to? Not sure how to answer that. It lines up that way... Not much else I can do about it...

So what are you trying to figure out and I'll try and help or answer.

JoeS197

Reaction score
Well it's hard to tell on my phone but it looks like the door pannel doesn't match up right with the door, but I could be mistaken. I'm thinking about doing the full interior swap on my '08 GT500 but I don't want to do it if the door pannels won't fit nice

Boozshey

Reaction score
The door fits perfectly. In fact a couple of the holes even line up. The only difference is the little lip at the back that barely extends past the window ledge area on the top which there is a close up of. But that's not even noticeable to 99% of people. Hope this helps.

Look at the differences in how these too door panels fit the doors. 05-09 and a 10+ style fit the door the same way...

140080d1370899477-door-panel-peeling-help-rickys-door.jpg

2011FordMustangDoor.jpg

JoeS197

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info and pics man, helps a ton! By the way awesome car, looks amazing!

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Question for those that did this.

I swapped the passenger door panel in and discovered<should have looked earlier> that the switch pigtails are different, NBD I ordered some from a guy on FB. Looking up the wiring diagrams shows that on the 05-09 switch 5 wires are used, but the 10+ only use 4, and the driver side 05-09 uses 8 total, and 10+ only uses 6. Trying to understand which wires I will need and which will be ignored.

It would seem the actual switch of 05-09 has 3 outputs that go to the window, 1 is up, 1 is down, and one is a signal wire for auto up/down<all the way>. the 10+ dont have that third output, but seem to connect the auto up/down within the switch and just send the voltage out the harness through the regular up/down wires. Therefore subtracting the auto signal wire gives me proper quantity and would just leave that wire detached.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile=Power Windows.pdf

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=710&viewfile=100 - Power Windows.pdf

Does this look correct to anyone else? Just wanting to make sure I understand the problem before I go hacking apart my wiring. Think itll keep the auto up/down since the wiring for that is kept inside the switch and just sent out the regular wires?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back