Window will not Stay closed after Reset Procedure

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like something was blocking the movement of the window. Dislodged and window now can complete the cycle. Before laughing we had a noise in our car door, thought we had a cracked speaker, turned out it had a Candian quarter in the door. Once removed problem gone. I know it's two different issues. Just saying sometimes it's due to some outside influence.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Sounds like something was blocking the movement of the window. Dislodged and window now can complete the cycle. Before laughing we had a noise in our car door, thought we had a cracked speaker, turned out it had a Candian quarter in the door. Once removed problem gone. I know it's two different issues. Just saying sometimes it's due to some outside influence.

Reminds of the story of a guy who had bought a brand new Cadillac. Top of the line everything. Drove it for a while but every once in a while he would hear a funny sound from what he thought was underneath the car when making a right turn. Never any other maneuver. Just right turns. The dealer literally tore the car apart looking for the cause of the thump. After several visits and thousands of dollars expended the dealer finally found the cause.... someone on the line decided to toss their coke bottle in one of the doors rather than throw it away.

DETROIT

Reaction score
The battery drained completely, and I had to open the door with the window fully shut. I've tried the window reset procedure a few times.
Press and hold down, once the window is down, continue to hold down 2-5 seconds then press up and once the window is up, continue to hold up 2-5 seconds.
The window will one-click down/open without issue. However, when I one-click up, the window will go up to the top/closed then automatically come back down to 3/4 down/open. If I open the door I can get the window all the way up.

Any ideas before I throw parts at it.

Mine did this and this is how I reset them.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Reminds of the story of a guy who had bought a brand new Cadillac. Top of the line everything. Drove it for a while but every once in a while he would hear a funny sound from what he thought was underneath the car when making a right turn. Never any other maneuver. Just right turns. The dealer literally tore the car apart looking for the cause of the thump. After several visits and thousands of dollars expended the dealer finally found the cause.... someone on the line decided to toss their coke bottle in one of the doors rather than throw it away.

I believe it!
I had seen my share of strange shit working at a dealer.
Customer: I hear this faint beeping while driving, a dying calculator was found in the rear seat.
Customer: my radio keeps changing channels, tape jams. Found coins inside radio. Customer had kids.
lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back