Windsor K Member

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
My 4.6 is getting tired. The car is pretty much off the street now and is primarily a bracket racing car. So, for consistency and simplicity, I want to convert to a 351 based stroker this winter. The problem I'm having is finding a swap k-member. I know BMR made one but they discontinued it. Does anyone else make a k member for this conversion? My only other option would be to buy the BMR k member without motor mounts and fab my own which I really don't want to do but will if I have to.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I bet whathispickle from BMR could get you a windsor K made as a special order item. The cutting profiles are still around I'm sure, not sure about the jig.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Problem is, we redesigned the front rack bar after our design got ripped off, and when doing so, it made the windsor mounts practically impossible to make right.

When we revised the front rack bar, that required shifting the rack bar back - too much for the windsor mounts to be structurally mounted to our liking.

I wonder if the big guys like Summit Racing or anyone else has an old BMR Windsor K in stock.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
so team ripoff didnt copy the original k member? what would the part number be for one of the big retailers? also, what is the major difference between the 3v and 4v k members?

Last edited:

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Problem is, we redesigned the front rack bar after our design got ripped off, and when doing so, it made the windsor mounts practically impossible to make right.

When we revised the front rack bar, that required shifting the rack bar back - too much for the windsor mounts to be structurally mounted to our liking.

I wonder if the big guys like Summit Racing or anyone else has an old BMR Windsor K in stock.

I've been calling around. Nobody seems to have any in stock. I assume they had them drop shipped from you.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
All else considered, the AJE k-member represents a reasonable option. I did it for a big block 460 based swap and all went well. They allow you to put just about any popular engine (modular, windsor,big block 460-based, FE big block based, and also Chevy based engines while using the same k-member. You just have to buy the engine brackets that bolt to the block. The k-members are cheap ($360), but you do have to buy the motor mount brackets ($70/pair). However, they are solid brackets with minimal poly at the frame.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
All else considered, the AJE k-member represents a reasonable option. I did it for a big block 460 based swap and all went well. They allow you to put just about any popular engine (modular, windsor,big block 460-based, FE big block based, and also Chevy based engines while using the same k-member. You just have to buy the engine brackets that bolt to the block. The k-members are cheap ($360), but you do have to buy the motor mount brackets ($70/pair). However, they are solid brackets with minimal poly at the frame.

I was looking into them since another person mentioned them. Their website doesn't work, and they haven't posted anything on FB since the middle of April. Doesn't give me a good feeling.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
What do you mean that their website doesn't work? I go there a lot.

http://ajesuspension.com/05-14-Mustang--c2

Order from Jegs if it makes you feel better (same price, they have price protection). They are a legit business, just as legit as BMR and have been providing k-members and other suspension parts for decades.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
What do you mean that their website doesn't work? I go there a lot.

http://ajesuspension.com/05-14-Mustang--c2

Order from Jegs if it makes you feel better (same price, they have price protection). They are a legit business, just as legit as BMR and have been providing k-members and other suspension parts for decades.

Looks like it's working now. It wasn't working the last few days. Looks like i'll be ordering this when the time comes. Thanks.

85GT 7.0

Reaction score
AJE

I had a AJE K member in my 95. The motor mounts to the K member were very flimsy. I added a diagonal brace to stop the front to back movement. Maybe they have addressed that issue.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I had a 460 on them and they weren't flimsy and I had no need to reinforce anything.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back