World Street Challenge - St. Louis

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Who's going? I'm going after some LSX and Hemi cars in the Street Challenge class. Open Comp style class with a five tenths Pro tree. Think I've done some of that racing lately..... :evil:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dates, time, arrangements????? I need to visit my dad again soon....

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn!! The 15th is my birthday too! Shoot....oh, and I've got a friend coming in that weekend to Houston.

Well, take pics for us.

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll be there. Without my Roush... But we are heading up Thursday with the 04 Cobra. Hope to meet some of you. Update this link when u make ur arrangements.

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Damn!! The 15th is my birthday too! Shoot....oh, and I've got a friend coming in that weekend to Houston.

Well, take pics for us.
I've got a "No Pictures" clause in my contract. Don't need anything incriminating from the races floating around. :samuri:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well keep your shirt on and you won't have to worry about anything, S.D.!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Well keep your shirt on and you won't have to worry about anything, S.D.!
It's worse than that at our races once qualifying is over on Friday and Saturday nights! :shock:

Pictures lead to divorces and I've had enough of those. :samuri:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well quit feeling up the Amsoil girls and that would take of those issues!!

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ProMod Class was okay they ran 6.19@229 . Pro Outaw had a decent field, Street Oulaw was not full. ET class sucked to watch..too many cars, Outlaw Drag Radial had 4 cars one broke during last round qual. Stands were pretty much empty..hardly any spectators compared to years past. The few vendors that were there didn't have anything for the S197 cars,I carried some cash along hoping for some smokin deals on parts for the Roush....came home with two shirts. There was only one person set up at the swap meet...a lot of older Fox parts, The car show was a real long walk from everything else so I only breezed thru there once..they wouldn't let you talk 4 wheelers over there unless you were running a car, The Band jam sucked and because of the band stuff the electric was screwed up and they ended up only have the right lane for most of Saturday. The PA in the pits was down too. Pro qualififying was over at 10:45 PM because of it. If they had the Bikini Contest or the Low Rider slam off it was in the car show area which was 1/2 mile from everything else..Other than that it wasn't bad. I have been to all but the first one..I think they hurt themselves by going to Indy last year and changing to all car brands this year...but if they hadn't they wouldn't have had any cars! So after ten faithful years of the WFC/WSC I'm not sure I will go back. I have been there when you couldn't FIND a place to park ...this year the pits were about 1/3 empty...there were no spectators on the far side of the track...it has been packed on both sides with people standing the full length of the fence a few years ago...Just my two cents...I still had a decent time...I just know it has been better...hate to see it go down hill!

Last edited:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad I didn't plan a weekend to be in STL....Houston treated me much better, :)

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Yup. Lame as hell. Timing equipment was screwed up costing myself and Del Pino what could have been the #1 qualifying reaction time. Didn't get to qualify until 7pm on Saturday then we were hot lapped right back for the final session which had the timing deal go down.

Second round opponent did his burnout quickly then double bulbed me while I was in the box. Track had the AutoStart turned on and set at five seconds so I had to rush in to stage. Screwed me up and I went red. First round opponent double bulbed me too.

No crowd to speak of. Never saw the bikini contest either. Not sure there was one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back