Would Jesel Followers be a waste of my money?

FastOrange

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be heading to BBR for a head swap in the not too distant future as soon as I get time to take leave. The car is a complete bolt-on car with Comps stage 2 SPR cams (127500). Ultimate goal of the car is a built motor/ twin screw setup the rest of it is complete, I'll post a list of mods with this in case any questions arise. Those are the cams I intend to run for the life of the car because I've read enough where positive displacement blowers resond well to them despite them being an "N/A" cam. Since TS is the future route of the car it really wont be spun that high and the followers may be superfluous but I just dont know for sure. I know you guys have plenty of experience and would like your feedback on the issue. Bottom line is should I do them when the head swap occurs or would I just be wasting my money where it could be better spent elsewhere or saved. And to answer the question before its asked, I'm doing heads now instead of longblock because I have a personal goal of 11's on the stock motor before I move on. Thanks in advance guys.

Current progress of the car:

Intake: JLT CAI and twin 62mm throttle body

Exhaust: American Racing Headers longtubes (1 5/8 primaries), MAC
offroad Prochamber, Flowmaster American Thunder Mufflers

Engine: Steeda Under drive pullies, Meizre Electric water pump, Autolite
HT-0 spark plugs, Steeda IMRC delete, 180' thermostat, canton steel high capacity oil pan w/ windage tray, Comp cams stage 2 SPR cams (part # 127500), cam phaser mods, high load valve springs, steel retainers.

Drivetrain: Tremec 6060 6 speed manual, RAM 900 series (HD) clutch and billet steel flywheel, Dynotech custom length aluminum driveshaft, Currie Enterprises 9 inch swap w/ 3.89 gears and nodular sportsman 3rd member w/ pinion supports, Steeda Tri Ax shifter, CHE K-member brace w/ torque limiters, BMR drive shaft loop,

Suspension: Front: BMR tubular lower contol arms, BMR tubular radiator support/ swaybar delete, SLP line lock/ roll control, cross drilled and slotted rotors, QA1 adustable coil over, BMR tubular K- Member

Rear: Sportline springs for the street and GT500 springs for the track, BMR rod end adjustable lower control arms, BMR solid adjustable upper control arm w/HD mount, BMR adjustable panhard rod w/ HD brace and relocation bracket, QA 1 adjustable shocks, 94 GT rear brakes, cross drilled and slotted rotors, BMR extreme anti roll bar, BMR rear tunnel brace and DS loop

Power Adder: Ny Trex Triple Threat nitrous system currently running a 100 shot, Waynes Dyno and High performance Custom computer programming

Interior: Corbeau racing seats, Modular mustang racing rear seat delete,
custom switch mounts for nitrous, auto meter digital tach/ shift light, MSD Dash hawk system monitor, SOS center dash guage cluster with Auto Meter Phantom series wideband and nitrous pressure guage. Custom fabbed 6 point roll cage w/ swingout side bars.

Exterior: Steeda race cowl induction hood, Steeda shorty antenna

Wheels and tires: FR-500 black chrome 18x9 front Toyo Proxes T1R 255x45, 18x10 rear Nitto 555r Extreme drag 285x35

Track shoes: Billet specialties 15x10 rear w/ MT ET street drag radial 26x11.50x15
15x4 fronts w/ 26inch tall tire

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
superfluous followers? what kind of metal is that? j/k

can't really answer your question..but do you know how much those things are? $110 x 24 = a lot of money!

but if money weren't an issue, i would have a set of them.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They do make a set of single rollers, full set about 300$ or abouts... :clap:

If theyd been out when I did my swap I would have done that; couldnt hurt.

If I change cams, or go into mine for any reason, they'll be going on for sure.

The double rollers just arent cost effective IMO

FastOrange

forum member
Reaction score
They do make a set of single rollers, full set about 300$ or abouts... :clap:

If theyd been out when I did my swap I would have done that; couldnt hurt.

If I change cams, or go into mine for any reason, they'll be going on for sure.

The double rollers just arent cost effective IMO

Awesome, thanks. I'll look into those. I only knew of the double followers i guess.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I think the aftermarket followers are for the purpose of reducing friction to increase HP. Those single roller followers sell for 9.99 each on that site Chad posted FastOrange. :D

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The "single roller followers" are stock 3V followers.

And for your application the Jesel stuff would not be a good HP per Dollar investment. Those things are intended for serious competition engines that will see much higher rpm ranges than any street/strip engine. Unless you're a member of the "More Money Than Brains Club" then the stock followers should work fine for you.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

And for your application the Jesel stuff would not be a good HP per Dollar investment. Those things are intended for serious competition engines that will see much higher rpm ranges than any street/strip engine. Unless you're a member of the "More Money Than Brains Club" then the stock followers should work fine for you.

Hell, I've been accused of being in that club and I didn't even mess with the stock followers...lol

FastOrange

forum member
Reaction score
I also bought the Jesel Followers. The one thing u don't upgrade u don't buy will keep u up at night.

I understand that completely. Thats what I would be afraid of...

I also feel similarly to this too. They are expensive enough to to make me recoil at the though of spending money on something like that.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I dont think these would be worth it unless you are turning alot of RPM (8000-8500) and looking for every last pony at big cost.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back