You knew this was going to happen.... LOL

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
10.895 @ 125.37 mph from a 3.7 is serious. I know of a lot of V8's that can't pull that kind of number.

I know one for sure...... MINE!!!!!

WTF?!?!?!?!:banghead:

Seriously Lana... call Kenny Loggins... cause your in the DANGER ZONE!!!!!!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Now that's some impressive shit. I wonder how long the already factory forged bottom end of the 3.7 will last under that much boost?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I read in a Ford spec sheet from 2011 that the 3.7 has a forged crank and the same type of powdered forged rods as the 5.0 and the obligatory hyper-eutectic pistons.

I'd bet that if the 3.7 were to get a set of con rods and forged pistons that it could hold 700-800 crank hp without much trouble. The 3.7 block is a large bore version of the 3.5 which is designed to be ecoboost. So I strongly suspect the 3.5/3.7 block can handle a large amount of power.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
dont forget the 50/50 meth water kit. I'm sure that is helping allot... either way it leaves the idea of just saying F the gt500 and get a 2013 and run the same setup and save 30K

TheRookie65

Reaction score
Now that's some impressive shit. I wonder how long the already factory forged bottom end of the 3.7 will last under that much boost?

I was wondering the same thing myself..... I'm just glad someone is pushing the 3.7 to the limits..... I agree with Secret Squirl.... There is a serious upside to the 2011 V6....... I think the video by the Damn Yankees "Comming of Age" would serve well here.....

TheRookie65

Reaction score
dont forget the 50/50 meth water kit. I'm sure that is helping allot... either way it leaves the idea of just saying F the gt500 and get a 2013 and run the same setup and save 30K

Bingo!!!! Or you could just buy a used 2011 v6, Mod, and kick some ass......

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
While impressive I wouldnt want one.

x3 although the sleeper factor would be pretty kick ass.. imagine rolling up beside a vette or crapmaro and saying yeah, it's only a 6er but it runs good, wanna run just for fun? then blasting that bitch 10's.. the lulz you could have.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
x3 although the sleeper factor would be pretty kick ass.. imagine rolling up beside a vette or crapmaro and saying yeah, it's only a 6er but it runs good, wanna run just for fun? then blasting that bitch 10's.. the lulz you could have.

x4 Sorta.... LOL The sixer just bends around corners..... I love the 5.0 and my headers should be on Friday... And I agree with the above statement 100%.....LOL

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score

doubt you'll be able to hide the whine from the centri

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I know this is not the case here. But...it always seems that you buy the V-6 than spend a bunch of money tring to make it a GT. I guess I have grew up the V-6 mustang is the wifes car as it is sporty but gets good gas mileage. I never understood the " lets build a V-6 or 4cyl to be different" . why spend more money trying to get the same HP as a V-8? when you can build a V-8 cheaper?

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
cheaper, equal or more power, gas mileage, insurance, maybe couldn't afford a GT to start with. there are plenty of reasons. i know the biggest reason for us to get the wife a '13 V6 vs. the GT was gas mileage. the car has to be a little lighter also which never hurts depending on what you want to do with it and how fast you want to go.

Back