Young Punk Build Volume IV - The game needs change & I'm the mother *@#%en cashier

mynameismike65

forum member
Reaction score
He is making about the same HP as he was before, just now with the 5.0
I guess since the weight hasnt decreased too much between the 4.6 setup and 5.0 setup most of his ET has changed by the different powerband of the 5.0 compared to the 4.6 then.

Im just curious though as why its almost the same trap speed as the 4.6? If I recall the 3v was h/c/i and made almost 400whp, If I remember dont you have h/c/i on the 5.0? so shouldnt the 5.0 be making a lot more power then the 4.6? I know you said you were spinning a bit off the line, but that shouldn't affect the top end really, and how much difference do a 26" setup vs 28" affect speed? Not dogging on you at all but Im really just curious:beerchug2:

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Matt you seriously need to talk to JPC if you haven't allready... 500 whp with prelimenary stage 1 cams? Where is the top to this thing?

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
Im just curious though as why its almost the same trap speed as the 4.6? If I recall the 3v was h/c/i and made almost 400whp, If I remember dont you have h/c/i on the 5.0? so shouldnt the 5.0 be making a lot more power then the 4.6? I know you said you were spinning a bit off the line, but that shouldn't affect the top end really, and how much difference do a 26" setup vs 28" affect speed? Not dogging on you at all but Im really just curious:beerchug2:
i think the 5.0 is completly stock, with only exhaust and a boss intake, no head work or cams.

Meikol02

Reaction score
That was one hell of a launch on that video! Congrats Matt on a job well done, even more impressive on your first runs with the setup!

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
i got to talk to his dad at the track, matt was off on the 4 wheeler, never got a chance to get back over there. very cool people to say the least
the car runs strong, and i belive it will only get faster, i think they got some extra power in the tune, just got to play with it, next time at the track im betting on 10.60s

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i got to talk to his dad at the track, matt was off on the 4 wheeler, never got a chance to get back over there. very cool people to say the least
the car runs strong, and i belive it will only get faster, i think they got some extra power in the tune, just got to play with it, next time at the track im betting on 10.60s

Sorry man, I was over at the factory stock camp checking the low down lol

Before to long his roll bar will need to be a cage

Tell me about it :roflmao: Where does it end o_O

blue streak

forum member
Reaction score
yeah... i just read every post.. 2 1/2 hours later, i need a 5ltr. not want. lol. my engine has given me nothing but problems. my buddy has a ls3 and 6m sitting in his garage. jeese the decisions i have to make..

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
I heard for the first time a new 5.0 with aftermarket exhaust last night in person. OMG they sound like sex. Now I am wishing I went this route with my car and could have saved a ton of money doing it. I hate you Matt. Na, JK, good job Matt. Keep us posted PLease

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want over 8000 rpms but the computer's are hard wired at 7800 limit.... I hope some one cracks it xD

GT.350-R

3PEDLS
Reaction score
This car looks and sounds great going down the track.
It was nice to finnaly meet you and look at the car in person.Great job on the car and your ET will only get better.The wind and weather were not helping things at all.

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
Very impressive Matt !

I got a part number for the new Boss 5.0 longblock and will go that route instead of the Ford Racing crate 5.0 Coyote.

This thread gives me the motivation to move forward.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I want over 8000 rpms but the computer's are hard wired at 7800 limit.... I hope some one cracks it xD

Can the stock Rods and or Rod bolts take that? What RPM does the motor HP top out at?

H8SUGR

Reaction score
Does the BOSS 302 come with a different ECU since they live in the upper range? Maybe Swap that out if it gets you to 8k. Just a thought.

spyder7724

Reaction score
Matt you are killing me man.:thumb2: if you would have skipped lunch you would have the record now.
nice runs won't be long now. :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back