Young Punk Build Volume IV - The game needs change & I'm the mother *@#%en cashier

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Depends on how wrecked the car is. You shouldn't need much. If the harness is ok I would basically rewire the car.

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
Was just worried about motor mounts and driveshaft and the computer stuff hooking up. I already have a 8.8 axle so I'll sell the one out of it.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
you can get a kit just like matt did. and since this thread has been out other parts have come to market so you can use AC and PS.

but it is still going to be a lot of manual and thinking work to make it seamless.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but just had some questions. I'm buying a wrecked 2012 and just wanted to know what will I need that I won't be able to get off of the 2012 to do the swap from my V6?

If you can get the whole car, why not swap everything over?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
If you can get the whole car, why not swap everything over?

That is pretty much my thought as well. Just basically drop your body on top of the 2012 and you should have a fully functioning car. Drivetrain, electronics, interior pretty much everything gets put into your V6 and it in theory should all work out.

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
Anything that will swap to my car will be going on it. The outside is pretty beat up but other than that its a good donor car. Watch for a huge part out thread coming soon.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Literally just pull the bodies off and swap them in my eyes lol. The interior will work, just have little differences. Boozshey has done it.

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
So went and looked at the 2012 GT and not happy as it is a automatic and they told me it was a manual. Should I still get it or should I go with a 2008 GT for less but it is a manual?

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
So went and looked at the 2012 GT and not happy as it is a automatic and they told me it was a manual. Should I still get it or should I go with a 2008 GT for less but it is a manual?

Do you feel like you will be deemed less than a man if you get the Auto...?

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
Lol pretty much but power wise I don't know. It's a difference of about $1500 price wise for the two different vehicles. I think I'm forever a manual guy though.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Get it, sell the auto, buy a magnum or for less buy the MT82. Or find someone who wants to swap

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

up_yours_7

forum member
Reaction score
I guess what I can do is run how it is and work on doing a manual swap later on

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score

As someone who bought a '06 thinking I'd be happy with the power and add a blower later. GET THE 2012, even with the auto the better engine is where it is at. I've pretty much decided I'm not going to mod my car and just wait for the right deal on a coyote motored 2011 up and "trade up". I realize anything will be an upgrade over the V6, but given the choice you should definitely get the 2012 even with the auto. JMHO

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Good lord that was a stellar read!
I've spent a few evenings reading this and going back and rereading a few parts. I now know you all (since we've spent so much time together) and as such feel we are all great friends. Don't freak out when I rush you in person and hug you. It's only awkward at first.

Back