Zimmers hot side HELP Please

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Yes
I know Jeremy installed Zimmers hot side wonder if he had these issues

Oh One more
Power steering is hitting, not sure if we will redo or see how it holds up for a few miles?

steeringhit.jpg

Power Steering? Looks like the A/C. If so, mine was that close but not hitting after I clocked the pipe that goes toward the back of the car very slightly.

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Ill take a picture of the one bracket I have tomorrow. It is a 2 piece bracket for the intercooler and I only have one. The second bracket, to the best of my knowledge, looks like a stretched out Z. I ended up making my own brackets so if you want the one I have Ill throw it in the mail for you free of charge.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Ill take a picture of the one bracket I have tomorrow. It is a 2 piece bracket for the intercooler and I only have one. The second bracket, to the best of my knowledge, looks like a stretched out Z. I ended up making my own brackets so if you want the one I have Ill throw it in the mail for you free of charge.

What's your bracket look like?? Got any pics?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Hang on hell Ill go get it out of the garage because its the only bracket I have left and I am assuming it is the one that goes into the hood latch.

I was just wondering what the ones you made are like? I've got just the normal 2 piece design

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Oh lol They are basically a 45 degree bend 1" with I think 3-4" straight then another 45 degree bend 1" they go into the bumper. Ill take some pictures tomorrow. There is the only bracket I have left. I assume it goes onto the hood latch bolt and the other is a stretched out Z shaped bracket.

Last edited:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Oh lol They are basically a 45 degree bend 1" with I think 3-4" straight then another 45 degree bend 1" they go into the bumper. Ill take some pictures tomorrow. There is the only bracket I have left. I assume it goes onto the hood latch bolt and the other is a stretched out Z shaped bracket.

Oh okay, I think I can picture it!

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
I like mine better because it is connected to both sides of the intercooler, however the damn bumper is a beast to drill through! I actually made them out of the sway bar relocation brackets that come with the kit(the thick straight ones with 3 holes). I don't have a sway bar and I just ran up to my old job and bent them in the metal break.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Oh One more
Power steering is hitting, not sure if we will redo or see how it holds up for a few miles?

steeringhit.jpg

Hey Mak I had the same problem with my powerhouse kit, I ended up just dimpling the pipe so it would clear the ps hard line.
its hard to tell from this picture but you get the idea.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367840672426.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367840672426.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 20

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score

Thanks
But I think we are mocking it up tonight, So we will just make our own.
But thanks for the pics and i figured it mounts to the top of the bumper brace?

Hey Mak I had the same problem with my powerhouse kit, I ended up just dimpling the pipe so it would clear the ps hard line.
its hard to tell from this picture but you get the idea.

I will keep that option in mind

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks
But I think we are mocking it up tonight, So we will just make our own.
But thanks for the pics and i figured it mounts to the top of the bumper brace?

I think the one I have mounts to the one of the hood latch bolts.

DocB

forum member
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but it looks like you used the DEI lava rock wrap.

How did you like those DEI SS zip ties?
Were you able to get them tight?

We just wraped a set of headers with the same material and it seemed like we just couldn't get those SS zip to get really snug and tight.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score

We just wraped a set of headers with the same material and it seemed like we just couldn't get those SS zip to get really snug and tight.

I used the ties for quite a few years, many of them frustrating. Was told by some to buy the tool, but why spend the extra $$ for something I would seldom use? So....

Ditch the ties. Go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy a contractors pack of stainless steel worm clamps, install them with the screw part hidden, tighten them down, and then use a dremel (or other cutter) to trim away the excess.

Keeps things nice 'n tight. Best of all it somes some $$ and a bunch of frustration when if the wrap starts to roll.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score

It was DEI Wrap

Yes the stainless zip tie things worked half ass we ended up also adding wire spun on pliers.
they were special pliers fopr Saftey bolts , they spin the wire together real tight
I dint remember the exact name but it was a safety wire tool

Last edited:

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score

Speaking from experience I would suggest using ANYTHING other then those crappy metal zip ties! I just went to the hardware store and bought some metal hose clamps (might be the same as what Konor is talking about) and used those.
Also: if I had to do over I would pick up that lava wrap. I don't know if its a big difference better then normal header wrap but it sure looks like better quality and the look is cleaner also. Just my .02¢

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Speaking from experience I would suggest using ANYTHING other then those crappy metal zip ties! I just went to the hardware store and bought some metal hose clamps (might be the same as what Konor is talking about) and used those.
Also: if I had to do over I would pick up that lava wrap. I don't know if its a big difference better then normal header wrap but it sure looks like better quality and the look is cleaner also. Just my .02¢

Now you guys got me thinking. maybe ill put an additional clamp on each end if I can still reach them

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
...some metal hose clamps (might be the same as what Konor is talking about) and used those.

Same thing, except when you go to Lowes/Home Depot and get a contractors pack, you get a bag of 20 clamps in the large sizes for $6.50-$8.50 depending on your local store. Big difference in price.

DocB

forum member
Reaction score
FYI-Grainger has some really nice SS clamps. All SS, band, housing and screw.
This is what I ended up using. I don't like to see rust.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back