03-04 Cobra supercharger

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I know there's a difference in manifolds between a 3V and a 4V terminator motor. Has anyone ever tried or thought about trying to mate a termi s/c to a 3V ? A friend has one. He pulled it off to buy a ported s/c. I can get it for almost nothing.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
get it, figure it out and then do it. basically do all the hard work so then i can benefit from it.

k thx bye.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I know there's a difference in manifolds between a 3V and a 4V terminator motor. Has anyone ever tried or thought about trying to mate a termi s/c to a 3V ? A friend has one. He pulled it off to buy a ported s/c. I can get it for almost nothing.

Tork tech is supposedly developing the manifold that will allow it. ETA is unknown.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Tork tech is supposedly developing the manifold that will allow it. ETA is unknown.

is this the same unit that's on the GT500 ? I've heard all the talk of a GT500 s/c to 3V conversion, I know the 5.4 is a tall deck 4.6 basically. Thought maybe the 03-04 cobra s/c was different.

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
I've never heard that Tork Tech was developing a manifold to adapt a Termi blower to a 3V. I have, however, heard that they were working on a manifold to adapt the GT500 Eaton to a 3V for a long time now. The Roush manifold already allows the use of a GT500 Eaton on a 3V though, so maybe that's why Tork Tech never developed anything.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I've never heard that Tork Tech was developing a manifold to adapt a Termi blower to a 3V. I have, however, heard that they were working on a manifold to adapt the GT500 Eaton to a 3V for a long time now. The Roush manifold already allows the use of a GT500 Eaton on a 3V though, so maybe that's why Tork Tech never developed anything.

yea this guy has a stock Termi blower. Not the much more common GT500 blower.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Termi blower = M112 GT500 blower = M122

cool, that's what I was looking for. So can a M112 be made to fit a 3V ? Will the Roush manifold, as someone here suggested, work ? I know there was talk of a conversion manifold being made for the M122. I'm guessing there is less demand for someone to have developed one for the M112 since there was less Termi's than GT500s.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
cool, that's what I was looking for. So can a M112 be made to fit a 3V ? Will the Roush manifold, as someone here suggested, work ? I know there was talk of a conversion manifold being made for the M122. I'm guessing there is less demand for someone to have developed one for the M112 since there was less Termi's than GT500s.

The problem is once you put together a kit and use say the roush lower intake / blower manifold how much money will you really save?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
The problem is once you put together a kit and use say the roush lower intake / blower manifold how much money will you really save?

$250 for the blower is probably where I'd start. And I would have something no one else does, what's that worth ? Must be more to me than some. It's not always about saving. If I wanted to save I'd have a prius.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
$250 for the blower is probably where I'd start. And I would have something no one else does, what's that worth ? Must be more to me than some. It's not always about saving. If I wanted to save I'd have a prius.

Not really you would have a factory blower on a 3V, and a blower not altogether that much better than the Roush M90 kit which goes for fairly cheap. Its not just the cost its also the time and piecing a kit together.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some people enjoy piecing together their own kit, that way they can upgrade stuff like the heat exchanger without having the additional cost. I don't care to do that because I don't like having to wait because I forgot one little part that keeps it from running. It's whatever floats your boat.

bigmachano

Weapon IX
Reaction score
sounds like a fun project. i don't see why it wouldn't work... just don't expect there to be a kit, you're gonna have to fab everything on your own

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back