08 Bullitt or GT?

Drew727

Reaction score
Recently new to this forum and I currently have a 07 4.0 V6 mustang and I have been deciding whether or not to just upgrade to a GT instead of investing money for mods into a V6...Recently got a chance to drive an 08 Bullitt and wow was i impressed. My question is, is the Bullitt really that much better than a normal GT? I understand all the customization that went into it and aside from the fact that it is a classic what is the main difference? Just personal preference or is it really that much better of a car that they still charge 25k+ for one with low miles?

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Recently new to this forum and I currently have a 07 4.0 V6 mustang and I have been deciding whether or not to just upgrade to a GT instead of investing money for mods into a V6...Recently got a chance to drive an 08 Bullitt and wow was i impressed. My question is, is the Bullitt really that much better than a normal GT? I understand all the customization that went into it and aside from the fact that it is a classic what is the main difference? Just personal preference or is it really that much better of a car that they still charge 25k+ for one with low miles?

The Bullitt is very nice and will always be worth more. That said, they aren't $25k. I had the option to purchase an 08 with 63K miles for $11,500. Deals are out there, comparable to GTs

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
25 k lmao

you can get a decent GTfivedingus for 35, can't you?

The bullitt is worth the same as a GT. I see GT's for sale here for $6000-$8000 CAD.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
You could buy a 2008 GT and easily modify it to be faster, handle better, and have better braking than a Bullitt for less than the purchase price of a stock 2008 Bullitt. If you want a future collectible, get the Bullitt and either keep it 100% original or do bolt on mods that you can easily reverse back to stock by saving the original parts. If you want a car that you want to mod more extensively and race occasionally, get the GT and go wild.

Joshiemitsue

Reaction score
You know the history of the Bullitt? Although, if you compare it to the same generation car, it just that the bullitt is already hooked up with performance parts from head to toe. Like what Macman said, keep an eye out for pricing. I can imagine a wonderful condition Shelby GT500 being worth 25k but not the Bullitt. In fact, one in my area has 115k miles and is going fro 12k. Not worth converting a Gt into a bullitt either. it defeats the purpose why they design the car out the factory to be called " The Bullitt" mustang. so either decide if you want a GT or a Bullitt.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
i am a owner of a 08 bullitt.
in my OPINION the bullitts are worth a little bit, not really that much, more than a GT. maybe $2-3K over comparable GT. keep in mind the bullitt option was $3,310 over a premium GT. my car had a msrp of $32,370 with a shaker 1000 radio and no other options when new.
will they be a collectable worth big $$ over a GT 30 years later?
in my opinion not really. yes they are limited production, 7,000 cars built over 2 years, but not that limited to be worth a significant amount over the same condition and miles GT.
they were originally built with a special muffler and H pipe for a different sound and got a different tune so it has about 15hp more than a GT. they also had a exclusive dash trim, grill, sill plates, trunk emblem, special colored wheels and brakes, seat covers like a GT500 without the snake on them, and rear spoiler delete. i THINK they also were about 1/2" lower than a GT.
if you really look around you can find them in average condition with average miles for the year for low teens. in my opinion for $25K it should have EXTREMELY low miles and be in mint condition.
also my opinion look for a high miles 07 GT500. they can be found in the low $20's with some miles on them and the mods will be already done at the factory. add a pulley swap, tune you will have more HP per $$$ than you ever hoped to get with modding a GT or a bullitt.
hope this info helps you decide.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
OP - it comes down to whether you specifically want a Bullitt (because it's a Bullitt or some similar emotional reason) or if this is really you making the step from your sixxer to a GT.

You know the history of the Bullitt? Although, if you compare it to the same generation car, it just that the bullitt is already hooked up with performance parts from head to toe.
Chassis-wise and wheel/tire-wise you can do far better than a 100%-OE Bullitt with aftermarket choices. Trust me.

But I agree with Dino - anybody who buys a Bullitt and goes on to modify it really should hang onto all the OE parts and stick to doing mods that can be reversed back to OE Bullitt configuration. A Bullitt that's not in 100%-OE Bullitt condition might as well be a 'regular' GT with a few mild, desirable-to-the-buyer mods even if the VIN decodes to 'Bullitt'.

Norm

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
My bullitt is completely whored out. Stock parts got binned or sold.

I LOVE IT

Drew727

Reaction score
If i get one i will keep it stock and probably never get rid of it, I fell in love with it when i test drove one and cannot wait to get one.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
It's a 10 year old car with 80,000 miles... doesn't have a computer screen in it. Greasy "leather" seats. Live axle. Shifter like a turkey leg in a bucket of ice.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
go drive a gt500.
this was one of my suggestions.

the 07-09 can be found in the low $20K range with 80 K or so miles. it's probably modded up already also. dollar for dollar it will probably out accelerate, stop and handle better than a any GT he could build for that price.

also my bullit is so modded with boosted motor, custom hood, front bumper, antenna delete fender, Gt500 rear spoiler and rear bumper it only resembles a bullit in color and front grill. i like to call it a bullitt 500 and it will never be returned to stock as long as i own it.
the only reason i bought the car was because it was CHEAP. it was in a fender bender with deployed air bags.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Another "bias'd" Bullitt owner/member. They are a head-turner b/c you don't see many on the roads. So far, three years in, I've only seen one in my city and it's a DD dented-up unwashed POS (sad).

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back