10.0's in the 5.0

POINT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't post much on this forum but I just wanted to share my 13' 5.0 build. Basically it's s stock motor and trans, supporting mods, 82mm, E85 and circle D. The car made 676/566 when it was all said and done, and of course a BADASS AED tune, I can't say enough good things about the boys at the shop, they really take care of there customers! The car is an absolute beast on the street and track and I have my sights on 9.99, BIG THANKS TO AED, CIRCLE D, FORDRACING.....and the WIFE!

Check out the build on RACEPAGES and specifics on the 5.0 starting on pg90
http://76.164.129.182/PROMEDIA/RP_0114/mobile/index.html?id=90

GoPro of the pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKNGat6i5k4&feature=share&list=UUhN89-yd1QrNfsRIDOtioew

Last edited by a moderator:

racksteris

forum member
Reaction score
That's nice man, Are you concerned with the stock motor and that high HP.

I have almost the same HP on my stock motor with a Vortech and I'm alittle worried.

POINT

forum member
Reaction score
That's nice man, Are you concerned with the stock motor and that high HP.

I have almost the same HP on my stock motor with a Vortech and I'm alittle worried.
I'd be lying if I said no, but running e85 helps to cool the engine down to help avoid detention, I've ran 50+ passes so far with no issues, once we get into the 9's I'm turning her down for longevity:)
What gears are in this car?
BONE STOCK 3.15

POINT

forum member
Reaction score
And that's a rap! AED FTMFW!!!

9.99@135!

Last edited:

badnews

Reaction score
Impressive. With an 82 mm, how much boost are you seeing? Stock driveshaft, race weight, etc? Injectors?

POINT

forum member
Reaction score
Impressive. With an 82 mm, how much boost are you seeing? Stock driveshaft, race weight, etc? Injectors?
With the 82mm I'm seeing 10-10.5#,Dynatech D/S, 3700lbs, and running ID1000 with E85

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice. Sounds like the 1-2 shift is a little earlier than the rest...maybe leaving a little on the table there? Unless it was bumped up after the video was shot....

POINT

forum member
Reaction score

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
hmm, rev is set a 7200-7400k not going *ANY* higher than that as I'm still on stock oil pump gears, but its moving out nonetheless:)

Have you datalogged it to see where it's actually shifting? It just sounds to me like first gear doesn't rev out as high as the others. I know that if the 1-2 shift is too low it can really kill momentum and affect the whole run. I was just curious if you have confirmed that the 1-2 shift is really shifting that high. Mine was 'programmed' to shift at 7500 but it was only shifting 1-2 at 6800 until my tuner actually got a datalog sent to him and he figured it out. Makes a difference.

Nice passes regardless. I don't mean to take anything away from that.

POINT

forum member
Reaction score
Have you datalogged it to see where it's actually shifting? It just sounds to me like first gear doesn't rev out as high as the others. I know that if the 1-2 shift is too low it can really kill momentum and affect the whole run. I was just curious if you have confirmed that the 1-2 shift is really shifting that high. Mine was 'programmed' to shift at 7500 but it was only shifting 1-2 at 6800 until my tuner actually got a datalog sent to him and he figured it out. Makes a difference.

Nice passes regardless. I don't mean to take anything away from that.

I actually haven't data logged it yet, I'll defiantly give it a shoot next out, thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back