11 second n/a 3vs

white07

Reaction score
Nice. In about a year I hope to be part of the 11 second NA club. Only bolt-on I'm missing is longtubes. After that it's cams, then some Livernoise stage II heads!

Me too except I want to do it with just bolt ons and suspension. Stock cams and heads. :evillaugh:

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. In about a year I hope to be part of the 11 second NA club. Only bolt-on I'm missing is longtubes. After that it's cams, then some Livernoise stage II heads!
Go Fox-Lake on the heads,trust me

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Did an almost 400 mile trip 2 weeks ago with a 20.8 MPG AVG

I can do about that with a 10-sec car. Gotta love these engines. :clap:

Mine would get 24 mpg on the highway with the 3.31 gears. Turbos are nice. Cruise along at less than 2000 rpm at 70 mph. Pissed off my boss when he bought a new Toyota and bragged that it got 26 mpg. Told him, "Wow....mine gets 24 mpg and runs 10's. What does yours run?" :evil:

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Go Fox-Lake on the heads,trust me

I'm assuming this is you? http://www.foxlakeracing.com/mod3.php

It seems with the flow numbers that the livernois are just about the same if not a little better. Livernois heads also come standard with springs good to .600 lift and bronze guides, with foxlake ones that'd be quite a bit more. What makes the Fox-lake heads the way to go? What do you think is keeping you from breaking 11s? I'm assuming you have gears, LTs, all the bolt-ons, right?

Also, are you running lockouts with the cams?

Last edited:

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is you? http://www.foxlakeracing.com/mod3.php

It seems with the flow numbers that the livernois are just about the same if not a little better. Livernois heads also come standard with springs good to .600 lift and bronze guides, with foxlake ones that'd be quite a bit more. What makes the Fox-lake heads the way to go? What do you think is keeping you from breaking 11s? I'm assuming you have gears, LTs, all the bolt-ons, right?

Also, are you running lockouts with the cams?
I know of 2 instances of brand "L" heads. 1) they didnt make nearly the power claimed and 2) someone took the heads they bought and put them on a flowbench and they didnt even come close to "advertised" CFM.-Do what you want.
I waiting for tracks to open here, yes i have those mods and yes it will be in the 11's next time out.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
It's not flow numbers that make horsepower guys.

air velocity through the heads are where you pick up your true horsepower and torque gains.

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
It's not flow numbers that make horsepower guys.

air velocity through the heads are where you pick up your true horsepower and torque gains.
Its amazing some noodle sees a higher CFM advertisement and automatically thinks 'those are the best head/those will make the most HP' and its not the case. You can give these guys all the ins and outs and they always go for the highest CFM number.......Must be the Obama voters of Hotrodding :handjob:

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Its amazing some noodle sees a higher CFM advertisement and automatically thinks 'those are the best head/those will make the most HP' and its not the case. You can give these guys all the ins and outs and they always go for the highest CFM number.......Must be the Obama voters of Hotrodding :handjob:

:thumb: :beerchug2:

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
Damn Ted.....didn't know you had Jeff tune the car. Those are good people at CRT.
LOL ok Im one of those trying to hide behind my keyboard how did you blow my cover and find out my name and where my car is at? :helpme: Seriously tho Jeff and Tammy at CRT are VERY good people and taking the car/shop element out of it I couldnt say enough good about them.....lol and I can be rough on folks! But the car is in there as we type and hoping to have it back by friday, the tracks here open up Saturday weather permitting. :thumb:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Well.....when you're plastered all over Ron's site.................... :laughlots:

I've known them for almost ten years now through the FFW racing. Great people. I'll be parking my rig at their place from time to time this season so I don't have to tow all the way back to Texas then all the way back up there.

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
Well.....when you're plastered all over Ron's site.................... :laughlots:

I've known them for almost ten years now through the FFW racing. Great people. I'll be parking my rig at their place from time to time this season so I don't have to tow all the way back to Texas then all the way back up there.
Whooops!,yeah ive know Ron and Cory for a long time-couldnt ask to have better guys working your stuff (doesnt hurt when the guy who does your heads runs 8.9x's N/A on 359in motor with his Fox Body)
Thats cool let me know when your going to be up here I live about 50 mins from the shop (I think Im CRT's problem child LOL) and I got to be aquainted with another Texan there Larry Felts-another good guy.It does make for a good time to have good people who know their stuff/do a great job.

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score

You know i like you man, but i think you are drinkin some shops coolaid right now on the fox lake heads. no offense to fox lake, and i know why some people push them, had people try to talk me into those heads. but at the end of the day you can bad mouth livernois all you want and people can jump on the band waggon, the fact remains with a 1.7 60 i trapped 116+mph, i ran 11.78s and on 3 different dynos i made more then 380 at the wheels with basically the same mods as you???? Just a thought brother

BTW, you told me with a better 60 then 1.97 my 114.55 mph would drop, you have yet to admit you were wrong, with a 1.70 it increased to 116! :beerdrink:

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Aaawww shit. Icing down a fresh case of beer for this one. Who's got the nachos? Nachos rule.

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
You know i like you man, but i think you are drinkin some shops coolaid right now on the fox lake heads. no offense to fox lake, and i know why some people push them, had people try to talk me into those heads. but at the end of the day you can bad mouth livernois all you want and people can jump on the band waggon, the fact remains with a 1.7 60 i trapped 116+mph, i ran 11.78s and on 3 different dynos i made more then 380 at the wheels with basically the same mods as you???? Just a thought brother

BTW, you told me with a better 60 then 1.97 my 114.55 mph would drop, you have yet to admit you were wrong, with a 1.70 it increased to 116! :beerdrink:
First lets get one thing straight-YOU didnt run 11.78,Justin Burcham ran 11.78...in your car with front runners ALOT lighter set up than mine, car and driver (not slinging mud a JB for being lighter than me)+ i dont care what a dyno says.....as far as the 60' foot + MPH callout you failed to mention you changed the setup of the car! Son im sitting here waiting to get to a track and ive got 'Sadmustangs' in the crosshairs and I dont need to hide behind somebody else to drive my car to do it....as a matter of fact Ill beat JB in YOUR lighter car :evillaugh: and after im done with you I'll let you buy the :beerchug2:

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
First lets get one thing straight-YOU didnt run 11.78,Justin Burcham ran 11.78...in your car with front runners ALOT lighter set up than mine, car and driver (not slinging mud a JB for being lighter than me)+ i dont care what a dyno says.....as far as the 60' foot + MPH callout you failed to mention you changed the setup of the car! Son im sitting here waiting to get to a track and ive got 'Sadmustangs' in the crosshairs and I dont need to hide behind somebody else to drive my car to do it....as a matter of fact Ill beat JB in YOUR lighter car :evillaugh: and after im done with you I'll let you buy the :beerchug2:

Ok ill give you that, but we are talking about heads and power, so it makes no difference who was driving, but lets stick to my 220lbs behind the wheel and i ran 11.88 @ 115.XX. with the car weighing in at 3650? what does yoru car weigh with you in it? and on another run i traped 116.14 i think. Point being, i dont care about dyno numbers either, including the ones you claim show livernois not making power. BS period. They make power fine. Isnt it funny how everyone says dyno numbers are BS until they quote a dyno number that agrees with them.

As for my setup being different, yes it is, i dont have my spydershaft on, i had the stock driveshaft, i dont have my underdrive pulleys on, i didnt take my front sway bar off, yea i had bogarts on the front, thats it.

You got nothing for my stang man, nothing :beerdrink:

Oh by the way im running 4.10s as well what are you running? 4.30s?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back