11 second n/a 3vs

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
just so you know all 4.6 mod motors are balanced at 0.you will not break a 3v motor N/A.

I think we would have to ask Ron (94tbird) about that. If it can be broken, he can break it. :roflmao:

So, if what you are saying is true, I can take my stock bottom-end, na block w/400+ rwhp and rev it to 8k or 9k rpm's for say... I don't know... 120-130 passes, and not break something on the bottom end?

I hope you are right. The cams and heads I am installing in a week say they make peak power at 7100+ rpms. I am going to set the reve limit to 8k. I hope it holds together. :headscratch:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just so you know all 4.6 mod motors are balanced at 0.you will not break a 3v motor N/A.

Just because it hasnt been done, dosent mean it will not could not...

With a cam profile making power above 7K, AND that power being in the 420+ range....

I donno, but I sure do HOPE you are right!!:hi:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think we would have to ask Ron (94tbird) about that. If it can be broken, he can break it. :roflmao:

So, if what you are saying is true, I can take my stock bottom-end, na block w/400+ rwhp and rev it to 8k or 9k rpm's for say... I don't know... 120-130 passes, and not break something on the bottom end?

I hope you are right. The cams and heads I am installing in a week say they make peak power at 7100+ rpms. I am going to set the reve limit to 8k. I hope it holds together. :headscratch:

Why would you risk something like that? IMO, why not just drop in a rotating assembly for extra insurance?

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
'Cause then we wont know...

x2

Every experiment with these cars has yet to be done. No telling what you can rev this thing to. So why not be a gineau pig? If it wont hold... well... you end up building a bottom end (which you're suggesting anyway), if it will then you saved a few grand.

There's a lot of awesome things happening in the NA 3v world happening right now, and there's going to be even bigger things in the future I think. It's going to come down to trial and error before all the combos are ironed out though.

jp's performance

shooting for 11.60's N/A
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

i wouldn't go past 8000 even with better springs.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
x2

Every experiment with these cars has yet to be done. No telling what you can rev this thing to. So why not be a gineau pig? If it wont hold... well... you end up building a bottom end (which you're suggesting anyway), if it will then you saved a few grand.

There's a lot of awesome things happening in the NA 3v world happening right now, and there's going to be even bigger things in the future I think. It's going to come down to trial and error before all the combos are ironed out though.

Couldn't of put it better myself :beerchug2:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Why would you risk something like that? IMO, why not just drop in a rotating assembly for extra insurance?

'Cause then we wont know...

LOL Hell Yea! Let's try to blow-up my car! I'll be the benchmark, why not... :clap:

I am putting a built bottom end later anyway. Lets see what this thing can do.

You know what would be great? If a supporting vender would be willing to put a killer deal on the table in the event the trial goes bad.

Livernios? You know your bottom-end would go great with your heads.. :idea: How bout a deal for Spaz. It is a sponsored car and my sponsor (Excessive Motorsport) just spent a nice chunck on change on their first purchase because I asked them to start carrying your product. I see some serious back-scratching opportunity here.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
LOL Hell Yea! Let's try to blow-up my car! I'll be the benchmark, why not... :clap:

This thread reminds me of back in late '05 early '06 when I saw a bunch of guys saying; Yeah, 600 HP is safe on the stock bottom, I've been running it for a solid 2 weeks now, no problem, "it's all in the tune". But thanks to those guys we have a pretty good idea what these engines can take on boost and spray. C'mon man, be the trailblazer. My engine has seen it's share of 7000 rpm bursts and practically lives at 6500 and has for a long time. Only thing is there's no more more power up that way for me right now.

Last edited:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been reving to 6500 for two years, believing I actually have power above 6000. We'll see soon now, won't we...

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those of you in the 11s or knocking on the door of; you guys are kind of like the NA 3v Pioneers. I love it! Best part?! Most of these cars are very streetable cars. Nice comfy seats, AC, and probably still getting 20mpg on the highway.

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
IMG00017-20090327-2024.jpg

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those of you in the 11s or knocking on the door of; you guys are kind of like the NA 3v Pioneers. I love it! Best part?! Most of these cars are very streetable cars. Nice comfy seats, AC, and probably still getting 20mpg on the highway.

Drive mine to work every day! It stays covered in coke dust...

...no, not that kind ;)

GERMANSHEPERD

forum member
Reaction score
Did an almost 400 mile trip 2 weeks ago with a 20.8 MPG AVG

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back