2005 Mustang GT Comp Cams Phaser Limiter Problem

Ktm85sx

Reaction score
Hi,
Had a customer come in and wanted me to install some Mutha Thumpr cams for him. I said no problem as I had done this multiple times without issues. Got to the point of compressing the spring on the phaser to take off the top cover and ran into a huge issue. The kit that Comp Cams provided to compress the spring did not even come close to working. I am using the new style cam phaser with the thinner spring, unlike the old style phaser with the thicker width spring. Nothing lined up and I was unable to complete the project and was forced to put the stock cams back in.

Does anyone know if Comp Cams sells the spring compression kit for newer style phasers, let alone even know about this new style phaser? This was really frustrating and I felt really bad having to give this guy back his stock car. Any info, even if its a jerry rigged set up for compressing the spring would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jacob

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
Comp does not make a spring compressor for the new phasers. I called JDM And googled it. IIRC vise grips solved the issue

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back