2006 GT line lock

Graham19922011

forum member
Reaction score
Going with a line lock and considering there are a few companies to go with, with prices varying, I didn't know what the pros and cons are. SLP and Hurst are two big names. Why the price difference? Anybody use one?

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use the SLP. It was an easy install and holds the brakes just fine, don't fall for the companies that claim it messes up the ABS and try and sell you 2 solenoids.
Only times I've fucked up a burnout since getting the linelock is when I've forgot to hit the tcs button.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use the SLP. It was an easy install and holds the brakes just fine, don't fall for the companies that claim it messes up the ABS and try and sell you 2 solenoids.
Only times I've fucked up a burnout since getting the linelock is when I've forgot to hit the tcs button.

^^What he said. Just installed mine. Not that bad of a PITA and the kit is made for our cars.

HTH

Mike

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Aaahhh...

I was wondering the same question, but with so much more on my plate, have not searched the topic.

Thank you for asking...

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Only hard part with the slp is drilling to mount it. I had to use a 90 degree angle attachment and had to cut down bits with a dremel. Its a tight fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

phattyfat

forum member
Reaction score
Just put a granitelli in an 08 and it works awesome. It's more expensive than most of them but install took about 20 minutes. It uses flex lines and mounts in the front above the abs block. I likes that most because where the others mount it's a pita to get to and I have all my nitrous solenoid a and lines mounted there as well as an oil separateter. Just some food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I also use the SLP kit, reasonably priced, good fit, easy install and works great, what else could you ask for? Zero issues with ABS.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Only hard part with the slp is drilling to mount it. I had to use a 90 degree angle attachment and had to cut down bits with a dremel. Its a tight fit.

Another option is to use a punch to mark the hole from the engine bay, then find the punch mark and drill it from the wheelwell after pulling the liner.

07 procharger

Addicted to modding
Reaction score
Another option is to use a punch to mark the hole from the engine bay, then find the punch mark and drill it from the wheelwell after pulling the liner.

I almost did this same thing, but wrestled with the drill and finally got the hole drilled. I almost removed the valve cover as well. 90 degree drill would have really helped.

forum member
Reaction score
I almost did this same thing, but wrestled with the drill and finally got the hole drilled. I almost removed the valve cover as well. 90 degree drill would have really helped.

I use the SLP kit. The only thing I did not like was the button. I added a momentary-on button to activate the line lock. As for the above, I just installed my kit this year. It came with self-drilling screws. I ran them in with a 1/4 inch air ratchet and it worked great.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
The install is easier on 07+ cars.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No one here uses a line lock..... :thud:

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Used a punch to hit mine a few times to get a dent started. Then an air ratchet and the self tapping screw, some ummph holding it to the metal and in she went. I only put one screw in it. Seemed tight enough to me with just one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back