2007 Mustang GT Turbo Build

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Dam that came nice! You sure that’s your first time?

Thanks. I studied a lot and talked to a lot of guys online to get pointers. Plus, Barry, the owner of SPI gave me a bunch of tips.
I used a cheap DeVilbiss FLG-4 Finishline with 1.3 for epoxy, epoxy reduced for sealer, and base, then the 1.5 tip for clear, and a cheap Vapor 2.3 from Northern Tools for the primer.

The body work, prep and cleanup between stages was intense, plus the heat in the garage, but I made it!

Some 30 year painters were impressed because I used a craftsman 33 gallon tank. Rather than regulate at the wall, I left it open and regulated at the gun. That way when it dropped I was able to compensate early before it was too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JJDAG

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I studied a lot and talked to a lot of guys online to get pointers. Plus, Barry, the owner of SPI gave me a bunch of tips.
I used a cheap DeVilbiss FLG-4 Finishline with 1.3 for epoxy, epoxy reduced for sealer, and base, then the 1.5 tip for clear, and a cheap Vapor 2.3 from Northern Tools for the primer.

The body work, prep and cleanup between stages was intense, plus the heat in the garage, but I made it!

Some 30 year painters were impressed because I used a craftsman 33 gallon tank. Rather than regulate at the wall, I left it open and regulated at the gun. That way when it dropped I was able to compensate early before it was too late.

Nice! I’ve been doing body work for many years, what you’ve accomplished here is top notch work, you should be proud of your work it’s not easy but it is very satisfying.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Nice! I’ve been doing body work for many years, what you’ve accomplished here is top notch work, you should be proud of your work it’s not easy but it is very satisfying.
Thank you very much for such a complement.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
The timing cover and Metco Motorsports pulleys look pretty good!

71266d9deb811e4b40a76088f7eb9816.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking good! Saw it last night on the Facebook group. Assembly is always the fun part.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good! Saw it last night on the Facebook group. Assembly is always the fun part.

Thanks. I started replacing the tie rod ends tonight and I think I’ll need inners, as it’s getting horribly chewed up trying to get the frozen lock nut off. I removed the boot and this inner tie rod nut is huge! :-O

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I started replacing the tie rod ends tonight and I think I’ll need inners, as it’s getting horribly chewed up trying to get the frozen lock nut off. I removed the boot and this inner tie rod nut is huge! :-O

That's the snow ball effect! Lol. I haven't gotten into that part of the project yet. Started collecting parts for suspension and other stuff for winter down time that I will not have. Are you changing k-member and a arms or cleaning up factory ones?

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
That's the snow ball effect! Lol. I haven't gotten into that part of the project yet. Started collecting parts for suspension and other stuff for winter down time that I will not have. Are you changing k-member and a arms or cleaning up factory ones?

I have the entire BMR catalog for the most part.

The inner tie rod nut doesn’t want to budge but I’m thinking it will be easier if I mount it on the kmember first because right now I’m holding it with my foot and trying to break the nut free.
#GarageGymnastics

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have been there. Can you put it in a vise? Or use a large pipe wrench kinda like a vise while breaking loose? Just thoughts but still a pita if your the only one holding on or some with unequal strength is helping. Brute strength has it's limitations before breaking shit lol. Ask me how I know!

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
I have been there. Can you put it in a vise? Or use a large pipe wrench kinda like a vise while breaking loose? Just thoughts but still a pita if your the only one holding on or some with unequal strength is helping. Brute strength has it's limitations before breaking shit lol. Ask me how I know!

Haha yeah I know what you mean. There are a few parts I’ve had to order after going just a hair to far.

I don’t have a vice (shocker I know), so once I get this kmember in, I’ll mount the rack and see how it goes.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't have one either but the neighbor does! With his life long shop experience in the tool and die industry (tool maker) he always has a plan for my crazy ideas. That will probably work better than casing it around the garage.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't have one either but the neighbor does! With his life long shop experience in the tool and die industry (tool maker) he always has a plan for my crazy ideas. That will probably work better than casing it around the garage.

Lucky! I need some mechanic and machinist friends, lol.

That’s gona be nice in the engine bay you finished

Thanks bud!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back