2008 v6 mustang clutch issue?

xmoweryx

Reaction score
New to the forum. Need some info. From what I gathered is these year models with t5 has a pretty clunky tranny.

My issue is I feel like I'm not getting the most out of my clutch pedal. I have to double or something triple clutch to get it in 1st or second.

Supposedly my car just has a new clutch put in about a year or 2 ago. It doesn't slip or anything. The pedal feel is just off like it's got air in the system. I tried parking on a hill and cycling the clutch to work air out of slave but it didn't seem to do much. Feels like it gets marginally worse once car is fully warmed up. Something 2nd won't engage and will keep me locked out for a while until I can force it in like it's bound up or something.

Planning on swapping tranny fluid but was wanting to know what else would be the problem with clutch not disengaging.

Periodically it feels like the clutch will drag when I press clutch in while coming to a stop because the rpms will drop to 500 then jump back up to idle
138f5dbfa9e5057460729ca7131fbeaf.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
It sounds like the clutch isn't properly disengaging when you're trying to shift gears. Possible causes are:

Faulty master or slave cylinder.
Air trapped in hydraulic clutch system.
Plastic hydraulic line has gone soft.

I suggest you first upgrade the stock plastic line with a stainless steel braided unit and have the system properly bled.
Master & slave cylinders usually leak (either internally or externally) when they start to fail, often drawing in air and causing a spongy pedal feel.

xmoweryx

Reaction score
Thanks man. Off hand do you know how pricy that clutch line would be to have a shop replace? I don't have a vacuum system to bleed the air out

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Back