2010 East Coast S197 Shootout (Street Series) - Presented by Thump Racing

Let us know if you can make it...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really don't know Bryan. With the 127300 cams, full longtube exhaust, cold air a tune, the most reliable #s were 333hp/319trq. That yielded almost perfect 12.4s at 111 with 1.64 sixty foots. Got that personal best last spring, and just couldn't budge past it. Notes from drivers here on the forum indicate the 127500 cams are the real power makers for stock heads, so what the heck, let's see what it yields on the track. Just sticking it on the dyno to help tune a/f, cam timing, etc at wide open throttle. If the numbers change much I'll post up the graph tonight. Laura's going to take some pics--I'm still home with some bug and not likely to go...key thing is that there is an almost consistent stock shortblock + 127500s = 11.99 or better quarter mile times. I like those odds!

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
I really don't know Bryan. With the 127300 cams, full longtube exhaust, cold air a tune, the most reliable #s were 333hp/319trq. That yielded almost perfect 12.4s at 111 with 1.64 sixty foots. Got that personal best last spring, and just couldn't budge past it. Notes from drivers here on the forum indicate the 127500 cams are the real power makers for stock heads, so what the heck, let's see what it yields on the track. Just sticking it on the dyno to help tune a/f, cam timing, etc at wide open throttle. If the numbers change much I'll post up the graph tonight. Laura's going to take some pics--I'm still home with some bug and not likely to go...key thing is that there is an almost consistent stock shortblock + 127500s = 11.99 or better quarter mile times. I like those odds!

Can't wait to see that 11.99 or better pop up on the board.

Bryan Rees

forum member
Reaction score
Were did you take your car? i know Justin at JPC does one hell of a job at tunning these cars. Mines only making 311 to the rear and went 12.37s so you should be in the high 11s.:thumb:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I go to JJ at Woodbine Motorsports. He's got a lot of experience like JPC and others, and has a lot of fast Mustangs and Lightnings that come in through his shop.

The news just came in: 350hp, 311trq. The car feels very strong and keeps making power all the way up to 7000rpm before it starts trickling down. The inkjet printer was nearly out of ink so JJ is sending me the file so I can do a screen capture and post it up against the old tune.

The feel of the car is night and day. Power is THERE no matter when I hit the gas, I have no tip in problems, no dead zones, just steady power. JJ thinks I grabbed the wrong springs when the 127300s were installed, as they definately look like the stockers. Uh oh, explains a lot of drivability issues, and the poor track performance.

Assuming the stars align, Laura and I will be there Saturday to try for new personal bests...

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You got this babe................11s are knocking at your doorstep.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
launch your car at redline

Hell yea, that's what I used to do. I pulled several deep 1.6 60' times doing it on a 28" tire.

Trust me, it hurts me too...

this thing neeeeeeeds to happen!

No doubt! This is driving me nuts. I can't make it Saturday, so the weather should hold out this time. LOL

Originally Posted by jeostang
Can't wait to see that 11.99 or better pop up on the board.

You and me BOTH.

It would be kick ass to see another 11 sec NA car on the board!

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
So.......This Saturday, I'm thinking we could have at least 5, if not more, of the quickest N/A S197's that we know of, at the same track together.
Same air, same track conditions......

Chad? I know it's killing you... Matt? You sure you're too busy? Germanshepard, you got that new engine combo done yet?

Could be very cool, see you guys there!

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The news just came in: 350hp, 311trq. The car feels very strong and keeps making power all the way up to 7000rpm before it starts trickling down. The inkjet printer was nearly out of ink so JJ is sending me the file so I can do a screen capture and post it up against the old tune.

350 at the wheel is STOUT!! Get some weight out of that thing, pull the spoilers, launch like you have no fear of breakage, bang the gears like you are banging.....eh, uh, yea, um

11's are yours!! If you can run 11 anything at MD with the 84 degree temps they are calling for you are going to run deep 11s in the fall

Bryan Rees

forum member
Reaction score
350 at the wheel is STOUT!! Get some weight out of that thing, pull the spoilers, launch like you have no fear of breakage, bang the gears like you are banging.....eh, uh, yea, um

11's are yours!! If you can run 11 anything at MD with the 84 degree temps they are calling for you are going to run deep 11s in the fall

Are you going to come saturday? Id like to see your car run

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sure thing Bryan. I'm off tomorrow so Laura and I are going to clean the thing up a bit, maybe swap mufflers around, pack up our drag wheels and tires, tools and other shit and be ready for the drive Saturday morning. Wish I had room for a cooler as it's going to be HOT on the track...

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Surprised the hell out of me. I was hoping for a smooth effing powerband and ride, and JJ dialed that in and ended up with a heap of HP on top of it. Just hope that translates to the better ETs. Not lightening up the car this round, but I'll have the two Corbeaus going in during the summer, and swap out the front springs/struts to the lighter BMR coilover kit and adjustable struts, and be ready for the fall. Just waiting for money to come in...

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So.......This Saturday, I'm thinking we could have at least 5, if not more, of the quickest N/A S197's that we know of, at the same track together.
Same air, same track conditions......

Chad? I know it's killing you... Matt? You sure you're too busy? Germanshepard, you got that new engine combo done yet?

Could be very cool, see you guys there!

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, killin' me is an understatement.

I am playing the powerball...:nk:

...AND doing the voo-doo anti-$ain dance :snoopy since mid October for this!

Yes... sux outloud, hate to miss this... HATE!

LegendLives

Reaction score
I plan on attending and get some more track time as I am still on the learning curve so to speak. Would love to get my 60' under 2 sec for starters, and Laura I will see you there w/ my daughter, LOL

Bryan Rees

forum member
Reaction score
Sure thing Bryan. I'm off tomorrow so Laura and I are going to clean the thing up a bit, maybe swap mufflers around, pack up our drag wheels and tires, tools and other shit and be ready for the drive Saturday morning. Wish I had room for a cooler as it's going to be HOT on the track...

I'll bring some cool beverages.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I plan on attending and get some more track time as I am still on the learning curve so to speak. Would love to get my 60' under 2 sec for starters, and Laura I will see you there w/ my daughter, LOL
LOL:stooges:

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Are you going to come saturday? Id like to see your car run

I am going to try to make it. I wrote it off because I could not make the original date so the car is not really ready (the gas in it is from last Dec). Once I heard it was moved to the 1st I took the car out and drove it a bit, mounted my new drag radials, and made sure everything felt good. I will be in Philly tonight for work and was not supposed to be back until tomorrow but if I drive staight through without sleep I can grab the car and head down. If I am racing look for the green car with the driver sound asleep at the starting line :thud::thud:

I figure if I can't race I will at least drive down in the afternoon and support my NA brothers (and sister)

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Finally, the opportunity I've been waiting for...the only chance where I'd see you in the rear view mirror...

As of right now you will absolutely have me covered for sure. I have made no other changes besides the Bogarts and I have drag radials on them for now so I will have to relearn the launches.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back