Votes: 36 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
I'm surprised a larger vendor from this site wouldnt step up to pay the deposit and be the overall sponsor for the event. Hell, they would make that money back by selling parts on the day of the event alone..

whats the realistic cost for a private rental at a track? what would the total cost be to a vendor to sponsor this ballpark?

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
Can't add to map on my phone but Atlanta Dragway is my choice. Very nice track!

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers
dunno if pauls gonna kick up all that dough and have to drive from west to east coast man. thats a stretch but atl does have a good track. if hes gonna do that zmaxx gets my vote

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I can't add my spot right now, but Im good for BG. Alabama/Georgia/Florida boys can all roll up together and terrorize I-75 lol.

Ill be waiting for an amount needed and a date. :)

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
guys you realize this is a year plus old and a dead idea?

:thud:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I for one would still like to see it happen. Hell I drove to Tenn for an 1/8th mile race over 2 days.

All we need is enough interest, and a willingness for members here to drive, in order to make this work. But, what I have found, is no one is really willing to drive longer then 5-6 hours. For someone who is racing, that does make sense, because you are FUCKED if your car breaks at a track that is 12 hours from your house. So that would mean all the racers would need u-haul trailers or to borrow a trailer, and many don't have trucks to tow said trailer anyway.

So there you have it.

A possible solution we did a long time ago: Lets say you have a group of guys, 5 or 6 lets say, all would drive to the track, and one guy tows with the truck - trailer. If someone out of the 5 or 6 breaks, then that ride obviously gets the ride home on the trailer. Anyway that worked for us when we used to go to the track 90 miles away and all of us had street cars.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I for one would still like to see it happen.

as I think most of us would. Just doesn't seem to ever have enough momentum

hell, even local rentals for 10 cars get fucked by lack of participation around my parts.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
We usually have a good amount of participation around the ky area. There is about 15-20 of us. Some frequent the forum more than others. But everyone around here is a big fan of bg. If this really has some interest again. I think it's possible for us to round up a good group from here.

Edit. Yes I know this is a old thread. Just want to see it happen.

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
Didn't vote but if it were at Bowling Green, I'd attend.

Edit: Holy balls, this is an old thread isn't it, lol

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I for one would still like to see it happen. Hell I drove to Tenn for an 1/8th mile race over 2 days.

All we need is enough interest, and a willingness for members here to drive, in order to make this work. But, what I have found, is no one is really willing to drive longer then 5-6 hours. For someone who is racing, that does make sense, because you are FUCKED if your car breaks at a track that is 12 hours from your house. So that would mean all the racers would need u-haul trailers or to borrow a trailer, and many don't have trucks to tow said trailer anyway.

So there you have it.

A possible solution we did a long time ago: Lets say you have a group of guys, 5 or 6 lets say, all would drive to the track, and one guy tows with the truck - trailer. If someone out of the 5 or 6 breaks, then that ride obviously gets the ride home on the trailer. Anyway that worked for us when we used to go to the track 90 miles away and all of us had street cars.

We like to have at least one truck/trailer when we drive 1 1/2 hours to the track just in case..The tow bill would be huge even driving 1 1/2 hours one way..

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
by july i will have an aluminum tilt bed so my car is getting trailered everywhere now just because im racking up miles to and from. in the mean time i just borrow a 24 ' enclosed, either way, im there

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
Bowling green is just a bit out of my range. I would be willing to drive 6 hours maybe 8 from Houston. If you pick something more this way I would join in for sure! 12-13hrs is just a little much for a weekend and with no trailer.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What about Birmingham and going to the Barber track?? Anything scheduled there this summer?

Or Tulsa for the Team Shelby/Mid-America meet....lots of us made it out for that event in June.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think an event at Thunder Valley or (Tulsa) would be great. Great track to. From what I gather though, no one from the east coast would drive that far.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1500 miles from the Northeast..

I know you west coast guys are more used to driving long ways

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Out of all the tracks I called, Beach Bend was by far the most economical also. Plus they have campsites nearby. It looked really nice to me. Always wanted to race there to. And its a couple states closer for the east coast guys.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Beech bend is an awesome track. It where all the guys around here go to try to set their pb or records. Big complex and nice place around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back