2010 East Coast S197 Shootout (Street Series) - Presented by Thump Racing

Let us know if you can make it...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LegendLives

Reaction score
Yes for sure unless of course its monsoon raining...lol Just sent the pics and daughter got a couple of shots of yours also.

Bryan Rees

forum member
Reaction score
Had a good time today allthough only one 12.9 out of black horse. Thanks for all the hard work on the guys putting the event on.:thumb2:

coair73x

forum member
Reaction score
Enjoyed the day and hanging out and racing! Ran 13.61 13.64 and eliminated on another 13.64. It was hot but not as hot when I ran in Dallas :) Can`t wait to see vids/pics. I have some pics and some vids I will post from my iphone. See you racers when it cools down.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am glad you all had a good time. Congrat to Ron... Overall winner! Nice job.

I wish I could have been there. I had some urgent family business and I am about 500 miles away today.

Thanks to everyone for comming out! Looking forward to seeing some pics.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So who was the fastest car there overall?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Legend Lime 2005 turbo. Was doing 10s, but he's a 9 second car that struggled with the rest of us in the damn heat. Ron Leonard came in second with low 11s (shoulda been in the 10s) and I think I was 3rd with a lowly 12.40...

Oddly enough, the slowest car (15 sec v6) and Ron's car lined up for the final bracket, with Ron winning.

Fun day with everyone despite the damn sun and wayyyyyyy too many bikes running their own event.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so i could have potentially been the second fastest car there? Boo on me and my decision to try to swap motor before the race lol

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lies, all lies, until we see you down here! BTW, I'll be posting today yet another racing event for the mid-Atlantic for the fall. Nice cool air boys!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i promise not to attempt any changes to the car so I can make that one haha

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First off I want to say Thanks for everyone who came out to race and have fun, I wish the event would have ran smoother, with both Marc and Todd out with Family issues, I was left to run the event alone, I did recruit the help of Adam Boyd and asked JJ from WMS for some advice since I am not an expert in racing events like the others are.

Rain dates usually get a smaller turnout and with the heat in the forecast, I think it turned away even more, Last week we had 23 cars even with the threat of rain, I was hoping for at least that yesterday. Well thats racing..

Congratulations to Ron Leonard for winning the First S197 Shootout and the proud owner of the Fore Precision works Fuel Rails.

Rons Car is a 2006 Ford Mustang GT with a Built 5.4L 3 valve Triton engine and a Automatic Transmission, running on E85 Naturally aspirated putting down an impressive 421 Rear Wheel Horsepower, His Personal best is 10.91 @ 124.2mph.

Finally:
Special Thanks to Thump Racing, Fore Precision works, 1320 Street Car Clothing Co. and S197Forum.com

Last edited:

Brumby

forum member
Reaction score
Time Slips For The Day

Weather:
Track_Weather_S197_Shoot_Out.png

TimeSlipsS197ShootOut5-1-2010001.jpg

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, it was HOT

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FYI, Eric(StageME) was at the event yesterday taking TONS of pictures. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM him and he would be more than happy to get them to you.

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
What a good time, except for the sunburn! Here are some shots we took during the event. I have a bunch more to go through but figured I'd start with these. If anyone would like the high res versions just email or PM me and I can send you the bigger images.

AlloyVsGO.jpg

AlloyVsRed.jpg

BrumbyBurnout.jpg

BrumbyVsGO.jpg

BryanVsScott.jpg

CloseRace.jpg

CloseRace2.jpg

CoolingDown.jpg

Grabbers1.jpg

Grabbers2.jpg

Grabbers3.jpg

JohnsBurnout.jpg

JohnsGT.jpg

JohnsGT2.jpg

JohnsLaunch.jpg

LaurasBurnout.jpg

LaurasCS1.jpg

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
And some more...

NiceBlue.jpg

NiceLaunch.jpg

Red54Liter.jpg

RedVsRed.jpg

Redfire.jpg

Redfire1.jpg

RedfireLaunch.jpg

SilverCowl1.jpg

SilverCowl2.jpg

SilverGT1.jpg

SilverGT2.jpg

SomeFastS197s.jpg

SonicVsGO.jpg

Staged.jpg

Staged2.jpg

StagingLanes1.jpg

StagingLanes2.jpg

I'll post more in a little bit including the broken parts for the day...

I also just wanted to take the time to thank everyone again for their support and for making us feel like a part of the family. Next time Laura I'm definitely bringing my car! From all those beautiful cars I definitely decided on a few of my first mods. Time to go measure the clearance on my driveway for some lowering springs...

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great pictures Dave!! Tell your sister thank you as well. I saw her holding the camera and taking pictures as well.

Last edited:

blackstallion06

forum member
Reaction score
This maybe a stupid question but I will ask anyway. How do you guys get that bounce out of the rear end? My car is a NOS car and it bounces bad between shifts. When I let off and shift and get back in it the car bounces. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I have lowering springs,lower control arms, stock shocks and struts and stock upper control arm. Just curious if anyone had this problem before and what did you up grade to get rid of this problem. I know my car would go faster than a 7.8 in the 1/8th if I could get rid of this problem. Thanks

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This maybe a stupid question but I will ask anyway. How do you guys get that bounce out of the rear end? My car is a NOS car and it bounces bad between shifts. When I let off and shift and get back in it the car bounces. Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I have lowering springs,lower control arms, stock shocks and struts and stock upper control arm. Just curious if anyone had this problem before and what did you up grade to get rid of this problem. I know my car would go faster than a 7.8 in the 1/8th if I could get rid of this problem. Thanks

I have the same problem. Shifting quicker has reduced that a bit, but having the stock shocks/struts is one of the issues. I have yet to take off my front sway bar...........that helps a bit as well.

My next purchase is going to be a front sway bar delete and radiator support kit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back