2010 gt hot rod cam sputtering issues

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Pretty much the same setup here. Low RPM drivability was sacrificed for a mild improvement at top end. Pretty much anything over 1500 rpm purrs smoothly for me though... All in the tune.

Does that mean the engine runs like shite below 1500rpm?

Gotyoumad757

Reaction score
Changed out the spark plugs and the sputtering is gone. Was working with Lito last night on some logging. Car is running much better. Was sputtering on both Lito and bamas tube by the way.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Sputtering is caused by insufficient fuel delivery leading to a lean condition, and it can sometimes be severe enough to be followed by the engine stalling. The exhaust will often spit and the car becomes jerky to drive.
Ignition break up causes a misfire, and the power loss is usually milder and not jerky like that of a sputter. The engine will merely run rough. In the case of a failing crank position sensor, the engine will usually stall as if a kill switch was tripped without being preceded by a misfire or sputter.

Gotyoumad757

Reaction score
Sputtering is caused by insufficient fuel delivery leading to a lean condition, and it can sometimes be severe enough to be followed by the engine stalling. The exhaust will often spit and the car becomes jerky to drive.
Ignition break up causes a misfire, and the power loss is usually milder and not jerky like that of a sputter. The engine will merely run rough. In the case of a failing crank position sensor, the engine will usually stall as if a kill switch was tripped without being preceded by a misfire or sputter.

Well in my case it appears it was misfiring horribly. I got my datalogging done and sent Lito the logs, he is asking about my knock sensors. He says there is no activity from them in the files I sent.

Gab

Bullitthead
Reaction score
Bumping this up - was the sputtering resolved with Lito?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back