2011 shifter from mgw close to completion...some specs and info>>

J Tennu

Reaction score
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! The review, pictures, and videos made it an easy choice... I must have this well engineered piece! I'm so glad I waited.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
4 day turnaround from payment being sent - great service .

fastandcurious

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post on this forum. So I have a 2012 GT MT82 on order and I've been reading all the MT82 threads since ordering so I'm definitely interested in this shifter. The dealer said I can still change my mind after the car comes in, so part of my decision to continue with my purchase will be a) my test drive of the vehicle and b) the reviews of this shifter because this would definitely be my first mod.

That said, where's all the reviews? :) Is everyone so blown away that they can't stop driving to come in here and post their feedback? I sure hope that is the case! Looking forward to hearing from those that have installed it. Thanks!

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Got mine Tuesday
Left for Florida thurs
Will install next week an post up.
As far as craftsmanship, shipping. Timeliness , professionalism , and communication MGW gets a A+ from me !

jj6077

Reaction score
i installed mine a few days ago. all the hardware is top notch and the shifter performs a lot better than I expected it to. A lot of people say its louder than stock and mine was too, until I put dynamat around the rubber boot, sealing the holes I have missed the first time. Now its actually quieter than stock.

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
Put mine in. Took a little while taking my time. That freaking boot got the best ofmy fingers. I was bleeding pretty good. The product workmanship is awesome and the results were great. It really is perfect. I bought extra dynamat and put it under the car and shifter itself I have no noise or vibration. I love it.

fastandcurious

Reaction score
I like what I'm hearing. One of the two cars I've test driven so far felt notchy going from 1st to 2nd. Is this shifter helping with this?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I put mine in tonight as well (05-09 version). Same as above, the boot got the best of me and I gave up on seating it. The dude in the video makes it look easy. Any better tips on seating the base of the boot without ripping the entire center console out of the car?

flySWA737

Reaction score
Very interested in buying this piece but just one question. Occasionally when making left or right turns the resistance into 2nd or 4th will increase rewarding me with a loud thunk or bang when getting it into gear. Is this a result of the bad rear support from the factory bushing? I definitely think that the side loading of the drivetrain is causing the shifter to misalign with the gates.

My car shifts great almost all the time but when making a left or right turn all of a sudden the shift quality falls. Has me confused.

Since I've read that the stiffening of the rear support and the addition of a centering spring has improved shift quality will this shifter fix my cars little hiccup? Any of you guys who have changed their shifters had this with their cars?

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Got the boot fixed. It's easier in daylight, and I finally went at it from the passenger's seat which made it easier to get around the console frame blocking my fingers on the driver's side.

fastandcurious

Reaction score
Nice updates. flySWA737, i'm curious about that as well as I have read about the issue when turning.

HOLYWD, by the way those wheels are sick man. Stunning car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back