2011 shifter from mgw close to completion...some specs and info>>

filtercharger

forum member
Reaction score
The MGW does have a lot more designing into it, there is an article on 5.0 magazine, and I was checking it out. I'm afraid to find out how much it will cost, it looks VERY expensive!

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
The MGW does have a lot more designing into it, there is an article on 5.0 magazine, and I was checking it out. I'm afraid to find out how much it will cost, it looks VERY expensive!

Cool cannot wait to see it which month was the magazine. Was told it will be around 350.00 will see

Last edited:

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
MGW's 3650 shifter is amazing, anyone that wants a shifter and hasn't purchased one yet should do themselves a favor and wait until the MGW is released and has some reviews.

jeff s

Reaction score
I think we're about due for an update from MGW George...

spsteevoe

Reaction score
Well it's too late for me to get it for Valentine's Day.. but Presidents day is just around the corner :)

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
hey guys....

sorry i have not updated this post in a while but i have been working on this shifter making all the final tweaks. it really is working out to be a great shifter.

some things holding me up are mainly getting the new internal pivot bushings for the shift rod. they should be ready in about 2 weeks.

also i would like the state and ask a favor...

first... BARTON...great product ...great company...class act. met them at camaro 5 fest last year . they really seem to care about their customers and have a natural pride and focus in their business. if you bought from them you did well!!

having said that this is a thread i started about the MGW shifter... i would like to maintain focus on that and not make this a pissing contest about whats better and whats not .

so on to the shifter....

- as stated the shifter is a COMPLETE unit.... does it need to be? we think so... does the rear support bracket that Barton and that other company sell with it help with deflection ...yes... but more needs to be done. the internal shift box has wayy too much deflection as well and the bushings inside are just plain wimpy.

- spring load centering... well my personal opinion is that is just plain sucks!!! my shifter only moves left to right a slight amount but you can still feel that the centering and spring back motion is sooooo lazy and weak. this thing BEGS for added cetnering force and that is one main thing i am working on right now.

- shift throw.... i have already stated and i will state again. i tested this car and tested it and trsed others. i have read about the numerous issues with this tranny built in China and frankly i am a bit concerned about the durability of the tranny. i can make the shift throw whatever i want and i still am choosing to make the throw milder than the barton. but a bit shorter than the steeda and jh unit.

i still have not decided on a final number but i am thinking 22-28 percent will be the number.

i WILL post pics by end of this month ...this unit will blow you guys away.

over engineered perhaps ??? oh you better FU&*IN believe it!!!!:rock:

stay tuned!~!!

george

rodmoe

Reaction score
Sweet !!
Do you have any idea of price yet and will this remove the notchyness of the shifts ?

MARZ

Reaction score
Heck yeah, I can't wait! My 2011's definitely in need of an MGW shifter.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
I cant wait to see pics!

... and to check my bank balance... haha

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
This will be one of the first mods I do when my car comes back from the dealer (getting the trans fixed).

Travis

DRIVEHARD

Hardcore Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great product. Its always a good feeling to know that the manufacture has more ergonomics in mind than simply the shortest shift! I will certainly be in the market for one in the near future.

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
It is supposed to come out at the end of the month.

You can call them to get yourself put on there list to get the first run. Thats what he said after I emailed him.

Last edited:

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
JUST ANOTHER UPDATE!!!

the shifter design is complete!! all the tweaks are done. only thing left is to run off 50 first run units and get the custom compression springs made.

i have been collecting contact info from people for a few months so if anyone wants in on the first run call peggy or julie next week at 706-793-1770

to recap... the shifter is a FULL replacement box rear mount and top assembly. new bushings internal springs. reverse lockout system .

cost should be around 350.00 which based on what others are selling for the the assembly on top is a pretty good deal.

ill be posting pics in 2 weeks.

george

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back