2013 gt500 6 piston brembos

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Will they fit a 07 gt and what's the total price and who do I order them from? Thanks guys

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
page 2 shows the invoice from tousley ford for all the parts needed. althought that was printed a year ago, prices should be the same.

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
Ok. So there's no aftermarket 2 peice rotor available as of right now?

neema

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know how the prices compare exactly, but if anyone is considering getting 2 piece rotors w/ brembos, check to see how it prices against stoptechs. they have a 380mm (~15") 6 piston kit with their nice 2 piece rotors that goes for $2460 shipped on autoanything (with the 15% discount). Just another alternative

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually tested these brakes after they installed them?

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone actually tested these brakes after they installed them?
I have run 3 track days this year with them. Stock Ford Rotors, Carbotech XP12 pads in the CT1365 pad shape which is for the Lexus IS-F version of this caliper. They are slightly smaller than the Ford pads because the Lexus runs 14.3" rotors not 15".

Performance is excellent, pedal feel is good, no ABS issues and no fade. I have the stock GT500 brake hoses and am waiting for Goodridge or StopTech to make the correct Teflon/braided hose set for these calipers. I run Motul RB600 fluid, have a set of XP20 pads coming for VIR Superfest and am having Carbotech reline a set of New Ford backing plates so I can try with full size pads.
Steve

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
I have run 3 track days this year with them. Stock Ford Rotors, Carbotech XP12 pads in the CT1365 pad shape which is for the Lexus IS-F version of this caliper. They are slightly smaller than the Ford pads because the Lexus runs 14.3" rotors not 15".

Performance is excellent, pedal feel is good, no ABS issues and no fade. I have the stock GT500 brake hoses and am waiting for Goodridge or StopTech to make the correct Teflon/braided hose set for these calipers. I run Motul RB600 fluid, have a set of XP20 pads coming for VIR Superfest and am having Carbotech reline a set of New Ford backing plates so I can try with full size pads.
Steve
I heard some reports of uneven pad wear on the new 6-pots. Have you noticed anything?

Scruffy

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the pads are to be oriented in the calipers? As far as the wear indicators go?

neema

forum member
Reaction score
I thought this may be of interest. Below are pics of the stoptech kit. 15" rotor with an aluminum hat and 6 piston caliper. Note the pad difference between 14" OEM brembo and the stoptech. There seems to be a noticeable difference in the height of the pad, however the taper at either end of the brembo pad seems like it reduces a lot of the contact patch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371268698.108545.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371269072.439943.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371269091.998264.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back