2015 mustang hits the track

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Not me, I like being able to look at a car and know immediately what brand it is. I hate looking at a car and wondering what brand is that amorphous/generic looking car. Too many sedans, econo-boxes, SUVs, crossovers, etc.. could have their branding badges swapped and we wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I love that ford has gone to a common look/feel. I love that a caddy looks like a caddy and there is no missing it. So I for one say bring on brand recognition and enough of the amorphous blob styling that every other car shares.

Now I look a Caddy and wonder what model it is. CTS? XTS? they all look the same.

If I were a superior model/spec owner I would be pissed!

IE. My BMW 7 Series looks exactly the same as the new 5 Series, yet I have to now point it out that it the 7? Cuz they all look the same.

Brand recognition is one thing but at the same time they are diluting their model range uniqueness.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the '15 and I'm 90% ill have one as my next mustang.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Im looking forward to it as well ... my V6 is getting 13.5 mpgs so I need something that will get me at least 20

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
I think the 2015 may suffer from...Stang-con-FUSION.:roflmao:
^epic :lol2:
better then our poor little non aggressive&passive looking 2013s though eh?
cam00025d.jpg

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Well at least we can say that the 2015 looks better than the new camaro...

bumblebees-new-chevrolet-camaro-concept-on-the-set-of-transformers-4-movie_100432147_l.jpg

That front end looks like its straight out of
cars_the_movie.jpg

Last edited:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
absolutely correct in my opinion, the new Camaro looks like the old Lumina... a big non-descript bubble. funny someone did a lousy photoshop on the "water" in front of the slomaro.

mot250

forum member
Reaction score
Not me, I like being able to look at a car and know immediately what brand it is. I hate looking at a car and wondering what brand is that amorphous/generic looking car. Too many sedans, econo-boxes, SUVs, crossovers, etc.. could have their branding badges swapped and we wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I love that ford has gone to a common look/feel. I love that a caddy looks like a caddy and there is no missing it. So I for one say bring on brand recognition and enough of the amorphous blob styling that every other car shares.

I'll take it to a different level... I hate looking at a manufacturer's car and wondering---what model it is that amorphous/generic looking car. So I for one say bring on model (Mustang) recognition and enough of the amorphous blob styling that every other model in the manufacturer's line-up shares.

Is there a big gold Bow-Tie on the front of a Corvette like there is on every other Chevy...no!

Is there a cross-hair grill on the Dodge Challenger like there is on every other Dodge model...no!

Do all of the proposed images of the new Mustang look like a cool car? I'd say the majority would say yes, it looks like a cool car, it looks like a cool Ford even. But does it have the "kick" that can give it the Mustang Identity? That's where Ford has to really think about what it is doing. Are there enough auto buyers out there that would buy this new Ford Mustang if the Mustang Enthusiasts shy away from it?

Last edited:

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Did we not hate the 2005's when they were released? What about the absolute hatred of the 2010's that carried over into the 11's and up? I wasn't in the Mustang scene when the 99's hit, but I could imagine everyone wasn't on board with those either. I bet the 94's were a real shock.

Most everyone will get over it and fall in love with the 15's just like every other redesign. The light weight and increased horsepower will surely speed that process.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I have to agree with many of the people stating they didn't like the previous models. Myself, I was a Fox guy and when the 1994 came up I thought it was an abomination... ugliest mustang I had ever seen (including the Mustang II). When I saw the FR500 concept I regained some faith but that faded pretty quickly as I really didn't like the 1999 body style of the standard mustang/mustang GT. I only liked the Cobra. I was pretty excited when the 2005 came out as I appreciated the throwback. I did not like the 2010 when it came out as it looked like they crushed the front end and inflated the ass end... now I own one and think it kicks ass! Will I buy the new body style, probably in a few years if they maintain the V8 (or add turbo's) and shed some weight.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
wait.... don't you drive a Viper....

Someone's fishing for a bite... lol

So yes, I own a Viper.

I hope the S550 really take the mustang into a whole new area and can actually compete with higher end cars. Fords been lacking in that dept and it will be nice to see a much lighter, IRS, SPORT version of a mustang. Bring back the Cobra R with GT350 as its badge and they might have a winner

Hell, the Z28 is about to dominate that market, so I can't help but to think ford wants to play in that arena too. Time will tell.

Sent from your moms room...

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
all these dam renderings have my mind in overdrive wondering what it will look like. Either way I plan on having a 2015 parked between my 85' and 05' stangs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back