2015 mustang hits the track

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Gizmos rendering makes it look like an exotic "sports" car...not a bad thing but not sure how I would feel about it either lol

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
:beer:
Gizmos rendering makes it look like an exotic "sports" car...not a bad thing but not sure how I would feel about it either lol

I was sent that pic. Can't take credit for it, but it does have a euro / EVO'ish kinda thing going on

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Damnit!! I really wanted a 50th anniversary too!

fuckin mustang/ford fusion shit, ehh going to have to wait and see it in person.

Did we not hate the 2005's when they were released? What about the absolute hatred of the 2010's that carried over into the 11's and up? I wasn't in the Mustang scene when the 99's hit, but I could imagine everyone wasn't on board with those either. I bet the 94's were a real shock.

Most everyone will get over it and fall in love with the 15's just like every other redesign. The light weight and increased horsepower will surely speed that process.

I can't remember people saying they hated the 05+ body style that was a turning point for the brand actually.
I can however remember TONS of people hating what they did with the 2010, and then I remember how the 2013 overcame the "ugly ass" for a while.
But for the 05+ I'm pretty sure more people agree the style was hot as hell in it's time and still in a lot of peoples eyes the "muscle body" mustang.

IMO 05-09 and 13 are the best body styles of the new gen mustangs.
This 2015 shit looks like a fusion, it's lost it's "muscle".

2110_1082746593264_9344_n.jpg

stahp.

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Screenshot_2013-08-22-19-29-14_zpsa5b8115b.png

Sent from your moms room...

If the rear end was lower to angle up from the rocker panel that would look complete. The quarter window looks sweet and that side is badass. I just don't think I'll like how it looks in convertible shape.

I think the Fusion based front end would look sweet. I'm honestly excited to see a switched up look from the retro throwback we've seen on the S197. I won't be buying anything new but who knows.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Well at least we can say that the 2015 looks better than the new camaro...

bumblebees-new-chevrolet-camaro-concept-on-the-set-of-transformers-4-movie_100432147_l.jpg
That's the new Camaro?! I haven't seen any pics yet (have to search the interwebs for a good dose of horror/revulsion. And here I thought they couldn't make it uglier.. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Lol no it doesn't look like that. YouTube some new z28 videos. Should be a pretty well performing machine on the track.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
The Z/28 is another trim option for the current camaro. This was a concept for the next camaro.

The Z/28 is cool and has lots of neat features, but half of them are illegal in most of the racing classes so don't expect to see many of them racing. Perhaps track days, but nothing more than that.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
Once accept that the retro days are over, you start to get real excited about a mustang the size of a 370z with the hp of a c7 vette and most Likey a BMW driving feel.

The 15+ is going to move the mustang brand up a notch. I love my 13, it's not going anywhere but ill happily welcome the next gen of camaro ass kicking with open arms.

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
The new Camaro "facelift" looks like absolute dick.

I like where the '15 mustang is going a lot. I have a feeling that I will be getting a '15 or '16 5.0 to go alongside the sex197. If the 3200-3300lb rumors come true, the 15's are going to rape and pillage everything. I can't even imagine if they could manage a cobra model that matches the outgoing GT500's power level at like 3300lb. I would pretty much just be spewing bodily fluids everywhere.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
That camaro pic is a promo shot for Bumblebee in the next transformer's movie starring Mark Wahlberg I think. Not a concept of GM at all. The next Camaro has already been stated to be made using the Alpha Platform which is the same as the current Caddy ATS. The current platform is Zeta 2.0 I think. The Zeta 1.0 is the G8, new SS, Caprice, and Holden big bodies.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Once accept that the retro days are over, you start to get real excited about a mustang the size of a 370z with the hp of a c7 vette and most Likey a BMW driving feel.

The 15+ is going to move the mustang brand up a notch. I love my 13, it's not going anywhere but ill happily welcome the next gen of camaro ass kicking with open arms.

This. Absolutely this.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they've come up with. If the final design ends up being like the renders produced, I'll be very happy with their decisions. While I'm not currently in the market for a car, I will likely be within the next couple of years, making the 2015 used model a good candidate once I'm there.

I, for one would get a v-6 ecoboost model in a heartbeat.

As for the rear, I'd think that there's a very good chance that we'd see something close to many of the sketches. Additionally, a possible starting point could be the general lines of the Jag F-type. Take a look at the lines of this render based on the recent F-type coupe. Very very similar to the sketches of the roofline floating around for the 2015 stang.

f-type%20coupe%2005.JPG

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a hardcore Mustang guy - I've owned ten of them, and I'm only 32. I thought the '05s were ugly as shit when they came out. (still do) To add to that, the '05s were still using the shitty 4.6 motors that didn't make crap for power. When the '10 came out, I thought they looked awesome, but were still crippled by the crappy 4.6 motors. When the '11 came out, I thought to myself "Ford FINALLY did it right after" ... especially after so many years with an anemic motor in the normal GT. I think the '11 and '12 look better than the '13/'14, mostly because I think the '13/'14 have a weird looking front end.

The '15 seems to look cool so far. I'd be thrilled if it drops a bunch of weight too, and no doubt it has an awesome powerplant. Win/Win as far as I can tell.

Paul.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back