2015 mustang hits the track

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score

The reveal date has been officially set for December 5th. Soon we can finally put to bed all these ridiculous rumors and speculation!

Bam.

The teaser image Ford released. Some people say its a door sill, others the decklid.

attachment.php

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
That emblem will be shaved so fast... it looks HIDEOUS on the rear of the car...

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
In true ford fashion, there will be embossing around it with alignment pins and corresponding holes under to insure the car looks worse without it.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
That emblem will be shaved so fast... it looks HIDEOUS on the rear of the car...

Have you even seen the entire rear end?

I think it will look good, Ford is done with retro. Do y'all realize the faux gas cap on the decklid is retro...

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Cant be any uglier than the faux gas cap. I hate that shit. I wish I could peel it off.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score

Can't be any worse then the one smack dab in the middle of the grill... cringe...

I think it will look good, Ford is done with retro. Do y'all realize the faux gas cap on the decklid is retro...

Let me tell you something about that... I hate it so much, then when I had a Mustang with a real gas cap there, I still shaved it and had the filler tube mounted in the trunk. It was a mistake from the jump. A fake one is even worse. I hate non-functional stuff on the car. Getting rid of that medallion is a good thing.

And yes, my wife's GT has fake scoops... that's on her. I just pay for this crap. She's got to live with it. LOL

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score

No I haven't seen the entire rear end, I haven't seen anything on the rear end. What I have seen are artist educated guesses on what it will look like... I don't think any of us truly knows what it looks like and probably wont until the 5th of December.

As for the faux gas cap, I really like it on my car. It's the only badge on the entire car that says my car is a GT (45th Anniversary badges on the sides) and I really think the faux gas cap looks good there. Of course your opinion may differ. I also don't think Ford is as "done" with Retro as you think... the proportions are remaining very similar, just getting newer... the 3 bar tail lights of the SN95's is Retro, as is the long hood and short trunk opening, as is the general fastback shape, as is... as is... Certain cues are distinctly Mustang and the gas cap between the tail lights is one of those things and I'm glad it's here again and would not mind if it was on the new car if it flowed well and worked with the new rear end... a Pony emblem, on all of the renderings I have seen is HIDEOUS because it looks tacked on at the last minute like "Ohh shit, is this a Fusion coupe or a Mustang? Throw this Mustang badge on! Now it's a Mustang!"

Cant be any uglier than the faux gas cap. I hate that shit. I wish I could peel it off.

I don't have any issue with the faux gas cap, I actually quite like it.

Can't be any worse then the one smack dab in the middle of the grill... cringe...

Let me tell you something about that... I hate it so much, then when I had a Mustang with a real gas cap there, I still shaved it and had the filler tube mounted in the trunk. It was a mistake from the jump. A fake one is even worse. I hate non-functional stuff on the car. Getting rid of that medallion is a good thing.

And yes, my wife's GT has fake scoops... that's on her. I just pay for this crap. She's got to live with it. LOL

While I too generally hate fake things (scoops mostly, yes my GT has one) I also recognize that certain things are aesthetically pleasing to me and the faux gas cap is one and it is one of my favorite features on the old cars. The running horse emblem in the front doesn't bother me either, and maybe that is because I quite like the old cars and they had them too. I honestly feel the car looks incomplete without those emblems on the car and I guess that is just my choice in how I like the car.

I must be one of those rare "youngins" (25, almost 26 years old) who likes the retro look. I'm not stuck on any nostalgia, my dad had an old Nova that was sold long before I was a twinkle in he and my mother's eye and I grew up in a Ford Econoline van, a few Ford Rangers, a few Ford Tauri and my 06 V6 and my 09 GT.

There is speculation on whether this is a dash trim piece, and I can assure you it will get shaved if it's there too as I think ti would be hideous that large on the dash... I also don't see an airbag deploying safely from something with a giant horse on it but auto manufacturers do strange things! :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back