2015 Mustang "World Records" Ahahahaha

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
You don't see any 05-14 cars, in NA form, busting drive shafts.
That is a by-product of old school solid axle technology. Not a feature that Ford engineered into the car.

This 2015 is a step backwards.
For 99% of the people out there it is a step forward.

Sure, they offer IRS.... provided you don't drag race at the track, or the street.
Break one on the street? Now you're just being an alarmist. No one is going to break them on the street, there isn't enough traction. And if there is enough traction it is because they put some pimp juice under their slicks and did a burnout for 330' the backed up in their own tracks.

IMO, it's a pita as is to modify these cars so they actually work.
Work for who? The 1% that takes their car to the dragstrip? Boohoo. It's impossible for the 99% to mod a stick axle into a IRS that is nice to drive on the street and handles well.

Every 05-14 I have seen, including GT-500's, has the axle sticking out the driver's side. They all require an adj PHB, more fubar. Hit some bumps going around corner's, and they all do the 2 step..and dance about, back end kicks out. An adj PHB is the bare minimum. A stick axle really needs a watts link. The oem ford traction lok 'differential', that spews fluid all over the place is more junk. They shoulda come standard with a tru-trac + catch can.
Does anything make you happy? You sound like an old lady.:wtf1:

If ford was smart, they could either install the correct parts, or at least offer them as an option. Offering some of this stuff as an option would pacify every ones needs. Ford could also make a pile of $$ with the various options. I can see why they went with irs on the 15 car. Stick axle cars wouldn't sell in EU or anywhere else. They want cars that do more than go fast in a straight line. They want brakes that work too.
Go sit by the phone. I'm sure Ford will be calling you any minute for your expert analysis.

That 2 piece oem steel DS at you local ford dealer is a whopping $1350 They coulda used a 1 piece AL ds..like a dss-ds...and saved a bunch of $$..and weight.
That 2pc is in there for NVH and crash standards genius. It is in there because it has to be in there. You don't see them putting them in race cars do you?

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
Am I the only one remembering the issues with wheelhop with the stick cars that needed aftermarket parts to fix?

Am I the only one remembering 8.8 SRA cars twisting axle tubes on sticky tires?

Am I the only one remembering people upgrading to 31 spline axles in the rear on SRA cars?

Everyone's acting like the 8.8 was a built 9" out of the factory. It had plenty of flaws as well and people worked around them. Besides people will make SRA drop in kits for those of you who really want it. I can't wait for the next Shelby to have a rear axle that doesn't feel like it's plotting to kill me when i hit a bump on corner exit while on the power, and I'd be willing to bet that Ford will have a heavier duty bushing and axle package on any factory Shelby car in a year or two to provide a middle ground upgrade for people who don't want to buy the FRP parts.

bingo. i almost sold my car because it wheel hopped so bad it was a joke to drive. any amount of power in first or second resulted in stupid amounts of hop. luckily lowering my car fixed it.

the 15 is a fantastic car, and a great evolution of the breed.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
bingo. i almost sold my car because it wheel hopped so bad it was a joke to drive. any amount of power in first or second resulted in stupid amounts of hop. luckily lowering my car fixed it.

the 15 is a fantastic car, and a great evolution of the breed.

They all came with wheel hop...right outa the box. Which genius actually tested it ? Just one more thing for the end user to fix. Wheel hop is bad news, too easy to break more stuff if not looked after.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I can't wait for the next Shelby to have a rear axle that doesn't feel like it's plotting to kill me when I hit a bump on corner exit while on the power.

Agreed. This is where the oem PHB falls apart. Hit a bump with the right rear, while flying around a right hander...and the suspension compress's on the right rear. That changes the angle of the PHB. PHB is attached to body on pass side..and is now way too long. Other end of PHB now pushes on the axle on driver's side. Axle is forced over towards the driver's side..taking both rear tires with it. Back end kicks out on you..or does the side step /dances about. ( scaring the shit out of you in the process). You also end up with positive camber on the driver's side rear..and neg camber on the pass side rear.

A watts link will keep the axle centered at all times.... but won't do anything for the camber effects. IRS solves both problems. An eaton tru-trac differential...or Torsen will apply more TQ to whichever rear tire has the most traction...ideal for powering out of corner's. It's a good upgrade on the 05-14 cars.

On a road course, at least you know where all the bumps are after you learn the course. You don't get that luxury on the street.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Agreed. This is where the oem PHB falls apart. Hit a bump with the right rear, while flying around a right hander...and the suspension compress's on the right rear. That changes the angle of the PHB. PHB is attached to body on pass side..and is now way too long. Other end of PHB now pushes on the axle on driver's side. Axle is forced over towards the driver's side..taking both rear tires with it. Back end kicks out on you..or does the side step /dances about. ( scaring the shit out of you in the process). You also end up with positive camber on the driver's side rear..and neg camber on the pass side rear.

A watts link will keep the axle centered at all times.... but won't do anything for the camber effects. IRS solves both problems. An eaton tru-trac differential...or Torsen will apply more TQ to whichever rear tire has the most traction...ideal for powering out of corner's. It's a good upgrade on the 05-14 cars.

On a road course, at least you know where all the bumps are after you learn the course. You don't get that luxury on the street.

Isn't this only an issue for douchebags driving on the street like they are on a track?
Who is "pushing it to the limit in the twisties" on their way to work?

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Lol world record vs who?? Justin and his side kick are both total tools, I mute the videos I watch with them in it.

Have an actual race and set some records with fucking competition present.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Lol world record vs who?? Justin and his side kick are both total tools, I mute the videos I watch with them in it.

You should un-mute it when they pull to the line at least. Car sounds really good getting down the track.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Isn't this only an issue for douchebags driving on the street like they are on a track?
Who is "pushing it to the limit in the twisties" on their way to work?

You don't have to be pushing it anywhere near the limit. One lousy patch job by the city work crew, on the other side of town will suffice. 1 mile away from me, they just completed the worst patch job ever. A series of patch's, aprx 2-4' wide x 15'-20' long. They are strewn along both north lanes, sometimes in the curb lane, sometimes in the center lane. Like driving an obstacle course. Doesn't help with a lowered car and hard /stiff suspension. So we all slow down..and dodge this junk on the road.

Problem is, they will do the odd lousy patch job 9 miles on the other side of town. Fly around a corner..at night, on a slightly raised 3' x3' patch..and it doesn't inspire confidence. It catches you out when you least expect it...and that's driving the posted speed limit. Zero problems on the same corner for the last 5 years. My Fusion takes it all in stride, the mustang doesn't.

Some man hole cover's are dead flush. Some are slightly raised...and some are slightly recessed. IRS cars have zero problems, 05-14 mustangs are all over the map.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Dat world record tho

You don't have to be pushing it anywhere near the limit. One lousy patch job by the city work crew, on the other side of town will suffice. 1 mile away from me, they just completed the worst patch job ever. A series of patch's, aprx 2-4' wide x 15'-20' long. They are strewn along both north lanes, sometimes in the curb lane, sometimes in the center lane. Like driving an obstacle course. Doesn't help with a lowered car and hard /stiff suspension. So we all slow down..and dodge this junk on the road.

Problem is, they will do the odd lousy patch job 9 miles on the other side of town. Fly around a corner..at night, on a slightly raised 3' x3' patch..and it doesn't inspire confidence. It catches you out when you least expect it...and that's driving the posted speed limit. Zero problems on the same corner for the last 5 years. My Fusion takes it all in stride, the mustang doesn't.

Some man hole cover's are dead flush. Some are slightly raised...and some are slightly recessed. IRS cars have zero problems, 05-14 mustangs are all over the map.

I drive in Brooklyn and Jersey, i've been through the worst of the worst potholes and construction zones, I can tell you I never had the feeling I would lose control of my car over any bumps
Gotta be careful on the street, slow down... look for hazards etc... I didn't buy my car for a plush luxury ride, I actually want to feel everything (weird right?)
Maybe when i am older and have hemorrhoids I will get a comfty caddy totally detached from the road, but for now ZERO issues as it's a personal preference.

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score

No kidding, why do even the youtube people follow the same stupid powerblock format where what used to be old men and fat rednecks and are now hipster douchebags just jabber and fill time and stroke each other off, forever. Hey, at least there's not some stupid generic rock music playing over the engine when the car makes a pass.

2011 3.7 Kona Blue

forum member
Reaction score
If you guys were going to take a guess of mustang owners in the U.S. what percentage of those owners actually track drag race them. If Ford sold 150,000 units in a year how many customers are actually track drag racing? 10% of customers, 5%?????

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
If you guys were going to take a guess of mustang owners in the U.S. what percentage of those owners actually track drag race them. If Ford sold 150,000 units in a year how many customers are actually track drag racing? 10% of customers, 5%?????

1% of S197's would be 200 "drag cars" per state. That is a lot. The Mustang events don't pull nearly that many cars and they are getting cars from all of the surrounding states too.

2011 3.7 Kona Blue

forum member
Reaction score
So your talking maybe 1000 mustangs a year out of 100,000 plus units sold. I have a feeling Ford is not trying to build a drag strip ready mustang for 1% of their customer base. They figure that's what the aftermarket companies are for.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
So your talking maybe 1000 mustangs a year out of 100,000 plus units sold. I have a feeling Ford is not trying to build a drag strip ready mustang for 1% of their customer base. They figure that's what the aftermarket companies are for.

Ford sold roughly 980,000 Mustangs between 05 and 14. 1% of that is 9,800. 9,800 divided into 50 states is 196.

There are not 196 S197's set up for drag racing per state.

2011 3.7 Kona Blue

forum member
Reaction score
Ford sold roughly 980,000 Mustangs between 05 and 14. 1% of that is 9,800. 9,800 divided into 50 states is 196.

There are not 196 S197's set up for drag racing per state.
Yeah, I'm betting Ford is more concerned with the other 99% of its customers who just want a fast fun car to drive to and from work, doctors appointments, etc

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back