2v 4v arp studs n bolts

CASPER

Reaction score
Ok, im trying to put back my heads on my 08 gt but i was looking for the bolts n some dude have some 2v n 4v arp bolts that he sells me, but im wondering if they will fit the 3v cause i seen that the arp stud n bolts are 100 bucks more than 2v 4v. Will they fit or not.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My shop would not installed them. I had the 2V/4V arp studs (only ones available at the time when i bought them), which are too short for the 3V head. They can be used but they dont seat all the way down so you have to back them out and loctite them. Shop didnt want to do it and i agreed why risk it so i had to get the 3V studs.

CASPER

Reaction score
That's true why risk it, i will get the 3v studs next time. Thanks...

My shop would not installed them. I had the 2V/4V arp studs (only ones available at the time when i bought them), which are too short for the 3V head. They can be used but they dont seat all the way down so you have to back them out and loctite them. Shop didnt want to do it and i agreed why risk it so i had to get the 3V studs.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agree'd Im going to buy the 3valve arp studs when I do my heads, no messing around. I just wanted to show you think so you know some one did try it

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
i used them, had a totally different issue and the heads had to come off,i switched them out to 3v when the heads went back on.

CASPER

Reaction score
^ yea i seen your thread, i was ganna ask you if that book u use it show you the timing chain specs, i been having trouble looking for it i just went n bougth the bolts from the dealer, i will buy the arp next time right now im broke and im just looking for the timing chain specs.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
2v-4v head studs work fine. FYI the 2v-3v and 4v use the same bolt from ford. The 3v are tapped a bit further and if it is necessary for you to bottom out your head studs, then you need the 3v specific ones.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
For timing chain setup, look in the service manual sticky. There's a couple sections on using the notch in the crankshaft sprocket and the blue marks on the chains. If the crank keyway is at 12:00 position, the alignment hole is at about 7:00.

spyder7724

Reaction score
i used the 4V studs. i just didn't seat them all the way down into the block. so far no problems.

CASPER

Reaction score
I will take a look at it, i need to put it back again i just dont want to mess it up since is the first time doing these work.

For timing chain setup, look in the service manual sticky. There's a couple sections on using the notch in the crankshaft sprocket and the blue marks on the chains. If the crank keyway is at 12:00 position, the alignment hole is at about 7:00.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I will take a look at it, i need to put it back again i just dont want to mess it up since is the first time doing these work.

timing is a piece of cake,after i did mine i thought "is that it?", i think i even made a post about it,lol. ford made it super simple for dummies,just line up the dots with the black links on the chain.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i used the 4V studs. i just didn't seat them all the way down into the block. so far no problems.

same here quite a few people run them actually most early builds have them in because there wasn't a specific 3v bolt I had mine all the way to 14psi and no problems whatsoever

Tom

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I only rec the 3v head studs. I sell them at a price that makes it hard to to just buy them. Still thier a little bit more costly, but it always goes back to, being safe. I know not everyone has had issues, all it takes is one!

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever had an issue with non 3v studs? seem safe to me as long as they are put in right...

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
i also have 4v studs, had them for over a year with 20+ psi and never had a headgasket issue

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ITs all arp hardware so they arent going to left the head lift. The only disadavantage i could think of with the shorter studs since its not bottomed out, there is a slightly higher chance of it turning one way or the other, but as said loctite should fix that problem.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back