4.0 to 3.7 V6 swap

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
One thing I found interesting is that the hydraulic clutch uses the brake fluid from the master cylinder (MC)... and the 07 MC has a provision already for it!
Image - Copy (77).jpeg
Image - Copy (79).jpeg

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
One thing I found interesting is that the hydraulic clutch uses the brake fluid from the master cylinder (MC)... and the 07 MC has a provision already for it!

Yeah, the 05-09 Mustangs have a common reservoir for both the brake and clutch fluid. However if you look inside, there are two separate compartments. This ensures that a leak in one system won't cause a failure in the other e.g. clutch slave cylinder leak won't cause a brake system failure!

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
Yeah, the 05-09 Mustangs have a common reservoir for both the brake and clutch fluid. However if you look inside, there are two separate compartments. This ensures that a leak in one system won't cause a failure in the other e.g. clutch slave cylinder leak won't cause a brake system failure!
good to know! I was wondering about that!

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
Juice,
The 07 harness seams to be in perfect condition. I didn't have any issues with the car until engine blew up! I can take some pics of the connectors. I probably won't sell anything until the car is running again! (just in case!)

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Juice,
The 07 harness seams to be in perfect condition. I didn't have any issues with the car until engine blew up! I can take some pics of the connectors. I probably won't sell anything until the car is running again! (just in case!)

I got a pack of 2.8mm spade connectors coming. I will try to 're-engineer' it first.

I had no issues with mine either when I did the swap, but the connectors were already turning brown. I cleaned/tightened them only at that time. Now I started having intermittent fan issues and found the issue has, ummm, advanced. lol

DId yours have fog lights? Just curious.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I did finally get all the wiring out of the 12. I also removed the clutch & brake pedal assembly and brake booster. I'll put the car up on stands and drop the K member and rear-end as well as the E-brake and ABS stuff. then I think it's ready to get scrapped.
Image - Copy (86).jpeg
Image - Copy (90).jpeg

View attachment 84540

Last edited:

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I ran into an issue removing (or not be able to remove the wheels). I'll have to get a "key" socket. But I did get the K-member off at least. Still need to pull the rear axle though.
Image - Copy (88).jpeg
Image - Copy (91).jpeg
Image - Copy (92).jpeg

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
"Tuner" lugs, hate those things lol.

I had a car a few years back, factory locks, no key. I welded a regular lug nut to one, removed. Than welded that lock w/nut to the next, and so on. Now have custom paper weight of 4 locks and a nut.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
That spline socket is common. Its not keyed like those evil hateful crazy key lock lugs were that came on cars back in the day.

A coworker actually had a local tire shop give him one just last week. His son had lent his to a friend and it never found its way home. He found out when he went out to do a brake job one morning before having to be at work at 2pm.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
a few more pics today. I didn't get much time on the car but did observe the K-Members are a little different. The 12 has an extra mounting point for the EPAS
Image - Copy (94).jpeg
Image - Copy (95).jpeg
Image - Copy (102).jpeg
Image - Copy (103).jpeg

JimC

Reaction score
yes, I will replace that when I put in the LSD
The rear end out of the 3.7 car should already have a LSD. All Mustangs starting in 2011 model year got the 8.8 rear end and LSD from the factory.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I started laying out the body harness in the 07. The 2012 HVAC unit has a bad actuator. I'll replace that while it's easy to get at.
Image - Copy (116).jpeg
Image - Copy (114).jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back